Physcial Data Model.

HI All,

I’ve created a data model through following movie link
TDM32_ReverseEngineering_HTMLReports.htm.

Well, though, I am able to create a data model and ER Diagramme, but I am not able sure, weather it is OK or not ? I’ve useed the table DDL script to genrate Data Model and ER Diagramme. After generating the physcial data model using report sections. I’ve got few questiosns to ask to you. I would appriciate , if you can go through and comment on those. Please find the attached document.

hare krishna
Alok

Hi Alok,

You can test your model if you have Expert mode enabled.Then you can right click on model name in Application view or in Model explorer and from menu left click on Test model.

Or you can just verify your model with CTRL+F9.

BTW,there is no attachment in your post :wink:

Tomas
QA

Thanks Tomas, I’ll reattach that one.One more thing TOMAS that if I need to create a only ER Diagramme from Scripts , Can I also do that sepereatly or Is there any way that, If I need to generate ER Diagramme and make it to write into RTF File.

hare krishna

Message was edited by: kamlesh.singh@snapon.com
to_ask_DDMLNG.doc (37 KB)

Hello,

Please find attached a reply to your questions in the doc.

if I need to create a only ER Diagramme from Scripts , Can I also do that sepereatly or Is there any way that, If I need to generate ER Diagramme and make it to write into RTF File.

Well, I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.
Anyway, in TDM, you can load ERD from SQL script for Oracle db. Movie:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa?externalID=2062&categoryID=158

Regarding generation of ERD into RTF report, it is not possible. Please generate HTML report for your ERD or feel free to import the ERD into image (File | Export to Graphic File).

If you have any questions, please write me back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka
to_ask_DDMLNG_REPLY.doc (37 KB)

Thanks a lot Vladka, please find the attached documment for my questions.

hare krishna
Alok
to_ask_DDMLNG_ques.doc (42.5 KB)

Hello Alok,

Please see my reply attached.

Regards,

Vladka
to_ask_DDMLNG_ques_REPLY.doc (42 KB)

Vladka,

I read the attachment and your responses with interest.

I am having a problem which might be related. I create an attribute, which I then assign to the default PK key in the Keys tab. So far, so good.

Now, if I mark this attribute as unique, it generates a duplicate entry in the Keys tab, and I cannot delete either key field.

How do I get around this? I want, in the end, to mark all of my PKs as unique.

Annalee

Hello Annalee,

In the Entity Properties form, Keys tab, there is a PK by default. It is not possible to delete this PK, however by default it is empty. If you already added an attribute to this PK, you need to edit the PK and in the Key Properties dialog | Attributes tab, remove the attribute from the box Selected – use the < arrow.

Thanks for the code. Here are possible solutions:

1. If you want to have a PK only with the attribute allocationld, add the PK there and do NOT select the Unique checkbox in the property dialog of this attribute.
  2. If you want to have only unique index with attribute allocationld instead of the PK, you have the following possibilities:
    a) Create a new AK on the Keys tab and add the allocationld attribute to this newly created key. OR
    b) Edit the attribute allocationld and on tab General of the Attribute Property dialog select the Unique checkbox. -> This step is the same as a) where the same was done automatically. OR
    c) In the Entity Properties form | Indexes tab create a new index. Edit it and:
  • on tab General select the Unique checkbox and
  • on tab Items, select the allocationld attribute.

All the three solutions will result into the same – in MySQL a unique index will be created.

Later you can select a linking method for the relationship:

• Through a Key (Primary or Alternate key) of parent entity
  • Through Unique Index of parent entity

How to Set Up Linking Method

1. Double-click the selected relationship.
  2. Click the Foreign Keys tab.
  3. From the Parent Key box, select the appropriate linking method.

If you have more questions, please write me back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM team

Message was edited by: vladka