In the Entity Properties form, Keys tab, there is a PK by default. It is not possible to delete this PK, however by default it is empty. If you already added an attribute to this PK, you need to edit the PK and in the Key Properties dialog | Attributes tab, remove the attribute from the box Selected – use the < arrow.
Thanks for the code. Here are possible solutions:
- If you want to have a PK only with the attribute allocationld, add the PK there and do NOT select the Unique checkbox in the property dialog of this attribute.
- If you want to have only unique index with attribute allocationld instead of the PK, you have the following possibilities:
a) Create a new AK on the Keys tab and add the allocationld attribute to this newly created key. OR
b) Edit the attribute allocationld and on tab General of the Attribute Property dialog select the Unique checkbox. -> This step is the same as a) where the same was done automatically. OR
c) In the Entity Properties form | Indexes tab create a new index. Edit it and:
- on tab General select the Unique checkbox and
- on tab Items, select the allocationld attribute.
All the three solutions will result into the same – in MySQL a unique index will be created.
Later you can select a linking method for the relationship:
- Through a Key (Primary or Alternate key) of parent entity
- Through Unique Index of parent entity
How to Set Up Linking Method
- Double-click the selected relationship.
- Click the Foreign Keys tab.
- From the Parent Key box, select the appropriate linking method.
If you have more questions, please write me back. Thanks.
Vladka + TDM team
Message was edited by: vladka