Toad World® Forums

Private repository in Toad 12

Hi!

I’ve created a private script repository with Toad 12 and is now testing it.

One problem that showed up is that I can’t delete any uploaded scripts.

If i right click on a script , under “Owner Options” the menu item “Delete Item” is greyed out eventhough I’m logged in as the owner of the script.

Have I missed anything obvious here or is this a bug?

Best Regards

/Rickard Hökros

By default you’ve got 15 minutes to delete a file. After that it is “permanent”.

If you want to extend that time, find the table TOADCLOUD_DATA.APP_SETTINGS in the schema browser. There is a row with “public_delete_time_limit” in the “parameter_name”
column. Change the “Value” column in that row to some great big number and then you’ll have plenty of time to delete the file. That value is number of minutes.

Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:27 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Private repository in Toad 12

Private repository in Toad 12

Thread created by hokros

Hi!

I’ve created a private script repository with Toad 12 and is now testing it.

One problem that showed up is that I can’t delete any uploaded scripts.

If i right click on a script , under “Owner Options” the menu item “Delete Item” is greyed out eventhough I’m logged in as the owner of the script.

Have I missed anything obvious here or is this a bug?

Best Regards

/Rickard Hökros

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi John!

I did as you suggested and raised the time to a week.

I really think that you should have the option to delete a script regardless of how much time that has gone since it was created. Otherwise I think there is a big chance that you will end up with different versions of a script and you don’t know which one is the right…

I’ve created a collection called “Trash” for now, so I can put script that should be deleted there.

Another thing I was thinking about is that it would be nice to be able to bulk import multiple scripts at once. I guess everyone that is using Toad a lot have a lot of scripts and importing them one by one is just not possible…

Hi Richard,

You can make that number large enough for many years to have virtually unlimited delete time.

Also, if you open and re-save a file, it will prompt you to overwrite or save a new copy. You can

We decided not to make a bulk loader because people wouldn’t be able to specify descriptions or tags for each file in a bulk load operation. That was our
thinking for the public repository. But I can see how we shouldn’t be so restrictive with the private repository.

-John

From: Rickard Hökros [mailto:bounce-hokros@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:19 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Private repository in Toad 12

RE: Private repository in Toad 12

Reply by Rickard Hökros

Hi John!

I did as you suggested and raised the time to a week.

I really think that you should have the option to delete a script regardless of how much time that has gone since it was created. Otherwise I think there is a big chance that you will end up
with different versions of a script and you don’t know which one is the right…

I’ve created a collection called “Trash” for now, so I can put script that should be deleted there.

Another thing I was thinking about is that it would be nice to be able to bulk import multiple scripts at once. I guess everyone that is using Toad a lot have a lot of scripts and importing
them one by one is just not possible…

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.