Toad 12, some questions ?? And Congratulations :D

Hello

I just updated my Toad Software 11.6 to 12 version.

Some questions :

-i had recover documents on my 11.6, on 12 i cannot reload, it said me there are any documents.
But there are in App Data/Roaming/Quest Software/12/User Files
Why ?
Can i transfer manually ?

-Where is the button for cloud repository ? Now there is the private repository, it’s very nice function.
I would like to continue with Toad World Repository, often there are wonderful script.
(And thanks to add the proxy option)

Thanks you for the Reconnect one connection too, it was the most awaited function since several version.

Another question, there is a tool in Toad to help to find Dead Lock. I mean to help me to tune my application and to find two transactions.
I have the trc file, i have the line where there is the update.
But if a function exists to give the tree of every update before it, it will be very useful.

Pertains to Cloud repository : Check that you have selected “Toad World” in Toad Options - Online - Script Repository. Then in Editor, Open file dialog, you will find the option to select from Public Repository. The interface for Open/Save file now lets you select the file system, Public repository or Private Repository. The Cloud buttons in the toolbar no longer exist.

Let me address the just dead lock question / issue.

No – nothing in Toad to specifically debug this (other than sitting in session browser using blocking locks and locks tabs to see it when it happens). But nothing to pick apart the trace file. I looked over the file Friday night - Anju sent me a copy (I guess you sent a copy to her). It took me like 10 minutes in text editor to see multiple things.

Look at this code:

declare

m_stmt varchar2(512);

begin

m_stmt:=‘delete from sdo_geor_ddl__table$$’;

EXECUTE IMMEDIATE m_stmt;

EXCEPTION

WHEN OTHERS THEN

NULL;

end;

First - super bad (possibly worst) practice to code NULL exception blocks. Toad’s code analysis feature would have flagged this as a major NO NO. Database raises exception and the code consumes it - so database assumes handled and tries to resume running. You’d been better off with no exception block rather than one that just hides issues.

Second - a delete with no where clause is another serous design flaw. Once again Toad’s code analysis would have flagged this error too. In fact any non-select DML statement with no where clause is questionable. The code is emptying the table - so why not use truncate instead.

Third - quick manual examination of the trace file shows that there are 5 copies of this PL/SQL and hence delete entire table trying to run concurrently and blocking each other out.

Also, please see the “Script Repository” topic in online Help for more info on the really great new Private Script Repository and the Toad World Repository.

Another question.

When you upgrade your version, do you uninstall older version ?

Recover Documents are working perfectly now.

But don’t laugh, i lost the line :

Session | Test Connection (Reconnect)

I just have Test All Connections (Reconnect)

I don’t know if some preferences from toad 11 can add problem or not…

Ordimands –

Right-click in the toolbar and choose “Restore defaults.” That will make the toolbars go back to their default settings. If you don’t want to do that, you
can choose “Customize”, then find the “Test Connection” item, and drag it to the place where you want it in the toolbar or menu.

-John

Sent: Monday, July 01, 2013 2:06 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad 12, some questions ?? And Congratulations :smiley:

RE: Toad 12, some questions ?? And Congratulations
:smiley:

Reply by ordimans

Another question.

When you upgrade your version, do you uninstall older version ?

Recover Documents are working perfectly now.

But don’t laugh, i lost the line :

Session | Test Connection (Reconnect)

I just have Test All Connections (Reconnect)

I don’t know if some preferences from toad 11 can add problem or not…

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

It worked perfectly.

Last question about difference between 64bits and 32bits version.

Did you see differences about performances ?

I have a 32bit client on a Windows 7 x64 machine.

But with 32bits client i cannot use 64bits toad version.

So i need to install 64 bits client, but may i have problem with some databases of my customers ?

And the difference between them, is huge or not ?

As far as performance, 64 bit apps in general are a bit slower than 32 bit apps. As far as Toad goes, performance is pretty equal. The 64 bit can address more memory bit that's the only advantage.

Greg

On Jul 4, 2013, at 3:33 PM, "ordimans" bounce-ordimans@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Toad 12, some questions ?? And Congratulations :smiley:

Reply by ordimans
It worked perfectly.

Last question about difference between 64bits and 32bits version.

Did you see differences about performances ?

I have a 32bit client on a Windows 7 x64 machine.

But with 32bits client i cannot use 64bits toad version.

So i need to install 64 bits client, but may i have problem with some databases of my customers ?

And the difference between them, is huge or not ?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.