Problems in Toad 12.9 beta

1. Refactor no longer refactors ( decodes … ) This was fixed a while back, but no longer works again.
  2. The irritating popup for assisting. It will come up and stay there. No matter what I click it will not go away. It pops up when it does not need to and I want a much longer timeout to popup or just remove it.
  1. Please provide a sample. I ran a quick test and my SQL is converting decode to case OK.

2. The delay is configurable, but maxes out at 2 seconds. Check out the "delay pop-ups" setting in options on the Editor|Code Assist page. Alternatively, you can disable automatic mode altogether. Uncheck the "Enable Code Insight pick list" option. You can still use it manually with CTRL+. or CTRL+T if needed.

It can be somewhat aggressive and benefit from a few tweaks, but if you have either the Expected Tokens or the PL/SQL Vars/Params options enabled then it is most aggressive. With Expected Tokens enabled it will display after almost every character you enter to recommend language elements for that point in your code. It is obtrusive, by design. With the PL/SQL vars/params option enabled I see that even in a SELECT statement I'm getting the popup when not typing a period. It should not be shown when no PL/SQL identifiers are found, I'll log this. Is there some case in particular where you think it should be less aggressive?

It sounds like you may find the completely disabled setting beneficial and call on it manually if needed.

Michael

On 01/29/2016 10:57 AM, steven.kladitis_687 wrote:

Thread created by steven.kladitis_687

1. Refactor no longer refactors ( decodes .... ) This was fixed a while back, but no longer works again.
  2. The irritating popup for assisting. It will come up and stay there. No matter what I click it will not go away. It pops up when it does not need to and I want a much longer timeout to popup or just remove it.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

It still does not work in 12.9.0.22. I am very busy with a release , once done I will send you a sample of non working refactor. Put the decode in the order by part of the SQL statements.

From: Michael Staszewski [mailto:bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 12:04

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Problems in Toad 12.9 beta

RE: Problems in Toad 12.9 beta

Reply by Michael Staszewski

1. Please provide a sample. I ran a quick test and my SQL is converting decode to case OK.

2. The delay is configurable, but maxes out at 2 seconds. Check out the "delay pop-ups" setting in options on the Editor|Code Assist page. Alternatively, you can disable automatic mode altogether. Uncheck the "Enable Code Insight pick list" option. You can still use it manually with CTRL+. or CTRL+T if needed.

It can be somewhat aggressive and benefit from a few tweaks, but if you have either the Expected Tokens or the PL/SQL Vars/Params options enabled then it is most aggressive. With Expected Tokens enabled it will display after almost every character you enter to recommend language elements for that point in your code. It is obtrusive, by design. With the PL/SQL vars/params option enabled I see that even in a SELECT statement I'm getting the popup when not typing a period. It should not be shown when no PL/SQL identifiers are found, I'll log this. Is there some case in particular where you think it should be less aggressive?

It sounds like you may find the completely disabled setting beneficial and call on it manually if needed.

Michael

On 01/29/2016 10:57 AM, steven.kladitis_687 wrote:

Thread created by steven.kladitis_687

1. Refactor no longer refactors ( decodes .... ) This was fixed a while back, but no longer works again.

Stop receiving emails
on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Stop receiving emails
on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.

Put the decode in the order by part of the SQL statements.

That's the ticket, thanks. I'll log.

Fixed next beta

It only works in select clause, nowhere else.

Group by or order by .

Not sure if there are other cases out there.

Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2016 10:47

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Problems in Toad 12.9 beta

Fixed next beta

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.

It is working correctly now in 12.9.0.24 JJJ

Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2016 14:12

To: ‘toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com’ toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

It only works in select clause, nowhere else.

Group by or order by .

Not sure if there are other cases out there.

Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2016 10:47

Fixed next beta

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Steven, #2 should be better for next beta. Let me know if you continue to find it too aggressive.