QMF SAVE DATA feature

Hi,

We’re a Toad for DB2 V4.7 shop and we’re connecting it to DB2 for z/OS database. Our users are mostly familiar with QMF for z/OS and they are just learning Toad for DB2. One of the main features that QMF has and Toad missing (or I’m not aware of) is, QMF’s SAVE DATA feature. Does anyone know if there is a similar feature available in Toad for DB2?

Thanks !!
Aji W

From what I recall from my old QMF days, the SAVE DATA feature allows you to create a table with the contents of the result set of a query. Toad has similar features.
From any result set you can right-click and select Export -> Export Wizard.
On that wizard, select 'Create as New Table' for the Output format, then specify the name\Database\Tablespace for that new table.
Toad will create that table and populate it with the contents of the result set.
See attached images for an example.
Hope this helps.

Jeff

From what I recall from my old QMF days, the SAVE DATA feature allows you to create a table with the contents of the result set of a query. Toad has similar features.
On that wizard, select 'Create as New Table' for the Output format, then specify the name\Database\Tablespace for that new table.
Toad will create that table and populate it with the contents of the result set.
Hope this helps.

Jeff

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff, that answers my question.

Unfortunately, we don’t have license for this product yet, so I’m not able to use this feature.

Thank You !!