Re: Re: RE: Re: RE: How to log on? ORACLE password contains @

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Bert Scalzo wrote:

That’s a seven year old version – you really need to upgrade J

That's not the "solution" he asked for :slight_smile: But a typical answer from
vendor support folks.

cheers Sven

I am not in vendor support, but rather Quest dev - and you are running software written so long ago that the dev team cannot be sure what’s in it (a hundred thousand lines of code ago) and a different compiler version, different third party components, and supported on OS versions no longer supported - thus no longer here for us to test on.

Are you running windows 2000 and office 2000 - probably not - you know the value of these apps and staying current with them - same applies to toad.

In this case, it’s the correct answer. This bug was fixed in Toad 9.7.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Bert Scalzo wrote:

Are you running windows 2000 and office 2000 - probably not - you know the value of these apps and staying current with them - same applies to toad.

Yes, we are running about 16 Windows 2000 servers. There are technical
reasons why we cannot migrate them to more recent M$ Windows.

cheers Sven

I was asking about desktops since that’s where office and toad are run. Since MS no longer publishes patches for Win2K, Win2K cannot support newer versions of .Net, and many AntiVirus programs don’t support it - I doubt seriously anyone is really running such old software on their desktops - except for some reason Toad. They’ll complain up a storm about Toad is critical to them so cannot afford issues - but they also just seem hesitant to stay current. I may work for the vendor and you think I’m just money grubbing. OK - that’s your right. But I’m asking about other vendors software you deem critical too. The answer seems to be only that Toad has to work forever without upgrades and that all other software is worth the price of keeping current. That’s the only part I find odd - it’s mission critical but cannot be budgeted for …