RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad 11 will not startup

Mike,

Thank you for the information.

My company sends out automatic patches/updates, and we have no way to turn off their installation, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s part of the issue. I’ve fired off an email to other folks that I work with to see if they are recently seeing a similar issue.

I realized that Toad does actually start up, but it is REALLY slow. It takes about 45 minutes for the splash screen to appear, saying “checking for critical files”. Then, it does finally start up after about 2 hours.

Please let me know if there is any way I can see what is actually going on (via a log file). Perhaps I could figure out some way around this. Otherwise, I’m going to have to deal with Oracle’s SQL Developer.

Thanks again,

Steve

---------- Original Message ----------
To: toadoracle@toadworld.com
Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad 11 will not startup
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 08:25:39 -0800

RE: Toad 11 will not startup

Reply by Gregory Liss
Did your company recently implement any additional security applications/filters? McAfee has been known to cause Toad to have issues in the past and needs to be “whitelisted” for some firewall/malware tools.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.
Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

We Say GoodBye To Sally Fields
iflperfecttouch.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/5a5d37d63b15537d6123est03vuc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

This sounds exactly what the symptoms would be for malware detectors. While it’s starting up, you should look at task manager for what process is eating your CPU.

On Jan 15, 2018, at 6:25 PM, SGreenwood bounce-SGreenwood@toadworld.com wrote:

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad 11 will not startup

Thread created by SGreenwood
Mike,

Thank you for the information.

My company sends out automatic patches/updates, and we have no way to turn off their installation, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the issue. I've fired off an email to other folks that I work with to see if they are recently seeing a similar issue.

I realized that Toad does actually start up, but it is REALLY slow. It takes about 45 minutes for the splash screen to appear, saying "checking for critical files". Then, it does finally start up after about 2 hours.

Please let me know if there is any way I can see what is actually going on (via a log file). Perhaps I could figure out some way around this. Otherwise, I'm going to have to deal with Oracle's SQL Developer.

Thanks again,

Steve

---------- Original Message ----------

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad 11 will not startup

Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 08:25:39 -0800

RE: Toad 11 will not startup

Reply by Gregory Liss
Did your company recently implement any additional security applications/filters? McAfee has been known to cause Toad to have issues in the past and needs to be "whitelisted" for some firewall/malware tools.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

[We Say GoodBye To Sally Fields

iflperfecttouch.com

](Juno - Free Email)http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/5a5d37d63b15537d6123est03vuc

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.