Recover Query Results When Session Was Closed by Xen

Hello - I’m not entirely new to Toad, but have just joined this forum today. I didn’t find anything that matched what I was trying to achieve either.

I have a recurring problem where we use Xen Desktop to run Toad. There’s a query that I run that typically takes several hours (I’ve been working on tweaking this as well), so sometimes the query will finish but Xen closes before I can retrieve the results.

I can see the session in Session Browser, although it shows Inactive, which is more than likely because the query has completed. Am I still able to retrieve those results from Toad or do I have to rerun the query?

Thanks for your input!

There’s no way to recover the results of another session’s query. You just have to re-run the query.

Ok - no worries, John. I was able to get it to run again without a hitch. It’s just that it’s a long-running query. Thanks again!

Another thought …

If you’re running this query and need the result, could you store the result into Excel (or another such format)? If so, you could use the Export Dataset action and have it save the results off for later use. Then the action could be scheduled and automated and even send you an e-mail when it’s done.

Just throwing some options out there for you.

Greg

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 9:56 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Recover Query Results When Session Was Closed by Xen

RE: Recover Query Results When Session Was Closed by Xen

Reply by RobRascon

Ok - no worries, John. I was able to get it to run again without a hitch. It’s just that it’s a long-running query. Thanks again!

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.