Reformat of template parameter list discards all but first parm name

All,

I’m using Beta 41, and glad that typing the opening parenthesis after a procedure name once again results in the template parameter list being inserted into the editor window. Like this:

begin
iib2oms.set_ship_addr(P_CUSTNO => P_CUSTNO IN VARCHAR2, P_SHIPTONO => P_SHIPTONO IN VARCHAR2, P_NAME1 => P_NAME1 IN VARCHAR2, P_NAME2 => P_NAME2 IN VARCHAR2, P_STREET => P_STREET IN VARCHAR2, P_CITY => P_CITY IN VARCHAR2, P_ZIPCODE => P_ZIPCODE IN VARCHAR2, P_COUNTRYCD => P_COUNTRYCD IN VARCHAR2, P_LANGUAGE => P_LANGUAGE IN VARCHAR2, P_TERMSDEL => P_TERMSDEL IN VARCHAR2, P_TRSPMODE => P_TRSPMODE IN VARCHAR2, P_INVCOLLMARK => P_INVCOLLMARK IN VARCHAR2, P_ROUTINGCD => P_ROUTINGCD IN VARCHAR2, P_KILLDATE => P_KILLDATE IN DATE)
end;

But that is a rather long list, so I hit Shift-Ctrl-F to reformat. Unfortunately, this truncates the parameter list to a single parm name:

begin
iib2oms.set_ship_addr(p_custno => end;

If I add a superfluous extra closing parenthesis or a closing semi-colon before reformatting, the error does not occur.
Would you please fix this issue?

Abe Kornelis.

When inline parameter assistance is shown you can't really format it or otherwise interact with it other than using Tab or Shift+Tab to navigate through the various parameters and enter values. Once you do any other action like format it cancels the assistance
which removes parameters that you've not yet entered. This is as-designed. This is for cases when default values are used or when you otherwise want to cancel it removing text that is erroneous.

Michael

On 02/11/2015 01:51 AM, kornelis.abe wrote:

Reformat of template parameter list discards all but first parm name

Thread created by kornelis.abe
All,

I'm using Beta 41, and glad that typing the opening parenthesis after a procedure name once again results in the template parameter list being inserted into the editor window. Like this:

begin

iib2oms.set_ship_addr(P_CUSTNO
=> P_CUSTNO
IN
VARCHAR2, P_SHIPTONO
=> P_SHIPTONO
IN
VARCHAR2, P_NAME1
=> P_NAME1
IN
VARCHAR2, P_NAME2
=> P_NAME2
IN
VARCHAR2, P_STREET
=> P_STREET
IN
VARCHAR2, P_CITY
=> P_CITY
IN
VARCHAR2, P_ZIPCODE
=> P_ZIPCODE
IN
VARCHAR2, P_COUNTRYCD
=> P_COUNTRYCD
IN
VARCHAR2, P_LANGUAGE
=> P_LANGUAGE
IN
VARCHAR2, P_TERMSDEL
=> P_TERMSDEL
IN
VARCHAR2, P_TRSPMODE
=> P_TRSPMODE
IN
VARCHAR2, P_INVCOLLMARK
=> P_INVCOLLMARK
IN
VARCHAR2, P_ROUTINGCD
=> P_ROUTINGCD
IN
VARCHAR2, P_KILLDATE
=> P_KILLDATE
IN
DATE)

end;

But that is a rather long list, so I hit Shift-Ctrl-F to reformat. Unfortunately, this truncates the parameter list to a single parm name:

begin

iib2oms.set_ship_addr(p_custno
=>
end;

If I add a superfluous extra closing parenthesis or a closing semi-colon before reformatting, the error does not occur.

Would you please fix this issue?

Abe Kornelis.

==========

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.