Reports to tables in Excel

I am not sure if I am doing something incorrectly, or if this is something within TDA, but between last month and this month’s report runs, I converted all of my excel grids to table formats. When my automated reports ran at midnight this AM, each one kicked out an error that there was data in the spreadsheet that was unreadable, and they all referred to a table number/name.
I converted all of the tables back to ranges and re-ran the reports and they ran fine. Could you check this out and let me know if I did something wrong, or if Toad just doesn’t like exporting to a defined table? I do not mind using the range at all. I was just fancying up my data reports and trying something different and ran into this.

Thanks,

Lorinda

Can you post a sample of the error? If I understand you correctly you want to export to a table in a database? This can be done in the Import Wizard. Here when you import into a new table we choose the default data types based on scanning the first 200 rows. If there is a value later in the dataset that is not compatible you will get an error. You can then go back and change the data type of the column. See screenshots.

Debbie

Can you post a sample of the error? If I understand you correctly you want to export to a table in a database? This can be done in the Import Wizard. Here when you import into a new table we choose the default data types based on scanning the first 200 rows. If there is a value later in the dataset that is not compatible you will get an error. You can then go back and change the data type of the column. See screenshots.

Debbie

Actually I was trying to export data into a table in an existing excle spreadsheet (report). It did not work for my existing reports, but I was thinking of importing the spreadsheet as a data report in TDA (if that is possible I really have not done much with the data reports) to see if it would work that way.

I will definately post and example for you. I will just have to re-create one, since I converted all of my existing tables back to ranges in excel.

I think what you described will work perfectly if I were importing the data into a local storage database, and I do have a need for that, I just have not gotten around to it.

I misunderstood you originally. I just tried exporting to named regions and find that it is broken. It’s a bug and I entered CR91595. No need for sample file.

Sorry for the inconvienence

Debbie