[REQ] - Enhance Copy/Paste from DataGrid

Would it be possible to enhance copy and paste functionality to the data grid and add or allow the option to copy column headers also? There are many times where I need to paste the results into an email and I would like to be able to just highlight and CTRL+C / CTRL+V. The Export Dataset doesn’t quite get the job done.

Ideally, I would like it to work like Excel and the way it handles pasting into an email by creating a table within the email.  Maybe you could use Export Dataset | Excel format and then use the clipboard radio button which is currently grayed out.

I would like to be able to copy and paste random rows (skipping rows) w/ headers.

I would like to be able to copy and paste random columns (skipping columns) w/ headers.

Here is how PL/SQL Developers provides it....

Ø
I would like to be able to copy and paste random rows (skipping rows) w/ headers.

To do this, rt-click in the grid to turn on row select. Then select your rows and do a Ctrl+Insert to copy. Ctrl+C copies without row headers. The only
thing it doesn’t do is create a table within the mail when you paste it.

Unfortunately, there isn’t any way to select multiple columns in the grid. The easiest workaround is to click the column selector widget in the top left corner
of the grid, rt-click in the popup that appears, then choose ‘uncheck all’, then come back and check just the columns you are interested in. That will make the grid show only the columns you are interested in, and you can CTRL+A to select all, then Ctrl+Insert
or Ctrl+C.

From: rob.steward [mailto:bounce-robsteward@beta.toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 1:58 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] [REQ] - Enhance Copy/Paste from DataGrid

Would it be possible to enhance copy and paste functionality to the data grid and add or allow the option to copy column headers also? There are many times where
I need to paste the results into an email and I would like to be able to just highlight and CTRL+C / CTRL+V. The Export Dataset doesn’t quite get the job done.

Ideally, I would like it to work like Excel and the way it handles pasting into an email by creating a table within the email.  Maybe you could use Export

Dataset | Excel format and then use the clipboard radio button which is currently grayed out.

I would like to be able to copy and paste random columns (skipping columns) w/ headers.

Here is how PL/SQL Developers provides it....