[REQ] - General Request

It would be nice if you could alter the SELECT used for each built-in query that shows the result set within the interface. For instance, the queries used in SCHEMA_BROWSER to produce the results displayed when you have a section/group highlighted (i.e. TABLE, VIEW, PROCEDURE).

At the very least, I’d like to have a button like the login screen and session_browser to add/remove columns from the result set. (the button to the left of all titlebar buttons with the 5 horizontal lines)

In the SB LHS, right-click in the column header (where it says ‘Img’, ‘Tables’, etc). You can choose which columns to display. If there is something you’d
like to see which isn’t available, please let me know.

From: rob.steward [mailto:bounce-robsteward@beta.toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:32 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] [REQ] - General Request

It would be nice if you could alter the SELECT used for each built-in query that shows the result set within the interface. For instance, the queries used in
SCHEMA_BROWSER to produce the results displayed when you have a section/group highlighted (i.e. TABLE, VIEW, PROCEDURE).

At the very least, I’d like to have a button like the login screen and session_browser to add/remove columns from the result set. (the button to the left of all
titlebar buttons with the 5 horizontal lines)

My Right-Click doesn’t do anything when right clicking on the column headers.

Rob Steward | IT Software Development Advisor

Enterprise Data Solutions

Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 1:39 PM
Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] [REQ] - General Request

In the SB LHS, right-click in the column header (where it says ‘Img’, ‘Tables’, etc). You can choose which columns to display. If there is something you’d like to see which isn’t available, please let me know.

Click to show quoted text

From: rob.steward [mailto:bounce-robsteward@beta.toadworld.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:32 PM
Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] [REQ] - General Request

It would be nice if you could alter the SELECT used for each built-in query that shows the result set within the interface. For instance, the queries used in SCHEMA_BROWSER to produce the results displayed when you have a section/group highlighted (i.e. TABLE, VIEW, PROCEDURE).

At the very least, I’d like to have a button like the login screen and session_browser to add/remove columns from the result set. (the button to the left of all titlebar buttons with the 5 horizontal lines)

See attached. Is this where you are rt-clicking? If you are talking about somewhere else, please send a screen shot.
SBLHSRtClick.jpeg

Ohhhh—it sounds like you are using the SB in treeview mode, and Rt-clicking in the RHS column headers.

I understand now.

Unfortunately, It’s not as simple as changing the query to add/remove those columns over there. You can rearrange them, but your rearrangement doesn’t stick when you close and reopen the SB. Would it help if I made it so you could hide some of those and remember how you rearrange them?

As I said earlier, if there is something you’d like to see that isn’t available, please let me know.

Yes that is exactly what I’m doing and your suggestion would help.

Rob Steward | IT Software Development Advisor

Enterprise Data Solutions

Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 11:34 AM
Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] [REQ] - General Request

Ohhhh—it sounds like you are using the SB in treeview mode, and Rt-clicking in the RHS column headers.

I understand now.

Unfortunately, It’s not as simple as changing the query to add/remove those columns over there. You can rearrange them, but your rearrangement doesn’t stick when you close and reopen the SB. Would it help if I made it so you could hide some of those and remember how you rearrange them?

As I said earlier, if there is something you’d like to see that isn’t available, please let me know.