Restore session tabs in toad 4.6

Hi All,

I am using toad 4.6 and recently I have reinstalled it due to some reasons…after reinstalling I am unable to restore my last session. can you please advice where to set this option?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,
If I understood your question correctly, you don’t see your connection in the connection manager after TOAD reinstalling.
I’m not sure about 4.6 but when you reinstalled TOAD you may be lost your stored connections.
To verify it you can look at those folder\files.

Toad keeps connections here
“c:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for DB2 [Version]\Connections.xml”

DB2 catalog is here:
“c:\Users\All Users\IBM\DB2[TOADDB2COPY]\DB2”

Hello,
If I understood your question correctly, you don’t see your connection in the connection manager after TOAD reinstalling.
I’m not sure about 4.6 but when you reinstalled TOAD you may be lost your stored connections.
To verify it you can look at those folder\files.

Toad keeps connections here
“c:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for DB2 [Version]\Connections.xml”

DB2 catalog is here:
“c:\Users\All Users\IBM\DB2[TOADDB2COPY]\DB2”

Hi Thanks for your reply…my problem is
I had 3 Editor tabs when as I shut down Toad. When I start it again,
it cannot restore my tabs.

There is an option in Tools -> Options -> General
“Save document files for automatic recovery every N minutes”

All documents for recorevy are stored here:
c:\Users\VTitov\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for DB2 [VERSION]\Document Recovery\

So if TOAD crashed, then documents will be recovered.
If its normally being closed then you will be asked to save them.

There is an option in Tools -> Options -> General
“Save document files for automatic recovery every N minutes”

All documents for recorevy are stored here:
c:\Users\VTitov\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for DB2 [VERSION]\Document Recovery\

So if TOAD crashed, then documents will be recovered.
If its normally being closed then you will be asked to save them.

No I don’t think that’s what he’s talking about either. Do you know how in firefox you can select an option to “restore session”? If you select this then when you close and re-open firefox it restores all the tabs you had open, whatever they were.

Is there anyway to do this in Toad? I think it would technically work because the restore session when crashing is there, but why can’t I restore session when I shut down normally?

Right now I force my Toad to crash every night so that I can get a restored session in the morning.

If you want to have Toad open the SQL Editor scripts that were last opened when Toad was previously closed down you can use the 'Open Documents' - Desktop Configuration settings found in Tools | Options | Environment | Desktops as shown in the attached image.

Awesome, that looks exactly right.