Toad World® Forums

Results pane customization?

Is there a way that I can configure the product to display my results in a split pane configuration with my query so I can see them both on one page? If not, is there a hot key I can use to bounce quickly between the query and the results?

Turns out that if you are in the query editor mode, it defaults to the split-pane configuration I want. When I posted the question, I started in the query builder mode, then switched to the actual query view (still in the query builder general section… i used that tab on the bottom left to see the actual query) then I clicked execute and the results showed up in a different pane.

So I now have what I want by going into the SQL Editor mode, but I still have the question now just out of curiousity. Can I configure the results in the Query Builder to be split pane? Not a big problem since I have it in the editor mode, but just curious.

Thanks.

Hi Billy,

Yes, you can change the layout of the Query Builder. Each of the tabs can be docked. Just drag the tab to a docking tab of your choice. The Query Builder will remember your preference. See screenshots for example.

Debbie
QueryBuilderSplitPane.png

Hi Billy,

Yes, you can change the layout of the Query Builder. Each of the tabs can be docked. Just drag the tab to a docking tab of your choice. The Query Builder will remember your preference. See screenshots for example.

Debbie

Here is screenshot of docking tabs

Debbie
QueryBuilderSplitPane2.jpeg