Reverse engineering SQL2005 db, no code for views or stored procedures

hello, new to toad, trying to reverse engineer an existing sql 2005 database, I select the objects I want including procedures and views, select drop and create but when I try to generate the ddl, everything for the tables and RI is there, but only a create statement for the views and proc’s with none of the code…what might I be doing wrong here? running version 3.6.6.7 and it is a trial version.

In the diagram, if you double click on the View and go to SQL tab, do you see the code? If the code exists, then you need to look at the options when you generate DDL script. If the code is not there, I would try reverse engineer again and see if the code gets pick up.

[cid:image001.png@01CBD35D.709E8F90]

[cid:image002.png@01CBD35D.709E8F90]
image002.png

In the diagram, if you double click on the View and go to SQL tab, do you see the code? If the code exists, then you need to look at the options when you generate DDL script. If the code is not there, I would try reverse engineer again and see if the code gets pick up.

[cid:image001.png@01CBD35D.709E8F90]

[cid:image002.png@01CBD35D.709E8F90]

No, there is no code in the explorer window for the views or the procs. I have tried bringing it over again but same results. Not sure what I have done… Thanks.

Do you have another user account that you can use to connect to this SQL 2005 db? Use a different account and see what happens. I think now the problem is bringing the code from the physical database into TDM.

I am local admin on both machines and SA on the sql server. I had my neighbor try and he seems to be able to get the code. I guess I will uninstall and reinstall and try that, no idea what is going on.

Hi,

please let me know if the reinstallation helped. Thank you.

Regards,

Vaclav