Saving Excel out to network area - error

Hi all,

When I try to save an output (from the excel screen after clicking "Send to Report", and using the "Save As" button in TDA) I get the attached error message when I attempt to save anywhere on a network drive.

I can save locally no problem. I can also save successfully if I use the Export Wizard.

I am using TDA 3, the issue was not present in 2.7

Thanks,

James

network saving.jpeg

What exact version of TDA are you running? I tried TDA 3.01.1734, the save as button is disabled. Were you able to open the file in Excel instead of TDA and save it to your network area?

Ok, I found the button in wizard bar. However, I cannot reproduce it. Could you show us what exact path you are going to save the file to? Does it contain Unicode characters?

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I am using TDA 3.0.0.1694

1. Run query
  2. Click "Send to Report" button (bottom right)
  3. Outputs to excel - Click "Save As" (bottom right)
  4. Choose a location on the network, click save.

I can choose any one of a number of mapped network locations (these can be shared locations or my own personal storage) and still get the error. Saving locally (e.g. desktop or c:......), no problem.

An example save path would be:

P:\work\test\test.xls (mapped location)

\scotia.sgngroup.net\dfs\users\JR71667\work\test\test.xls (full location)

Thanks,

James

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I am using TDA 3.0.0.1694

1. Run query
  2. Click "Send to Report" button (bottom right)
  3. Outputs to excel - Click "Save As" (bottom right)
  4. Choose a location on the network, click save.

I can choose any one of a number of mapped network locations (these can be shared locations or my own personal storage) and still get the error. Saving locally (e.g. desktop or c:......), no problem.

An example save path would be:

P:\work\test\test.xls (mapped location)

\scotia.sgngroup.net\dfs\users\JR71667\work\test\test.xls (full location)

Thanks,

James

Thanks for the screenshots. You mentioned that TDA 2.7 works ok while TDA 3.0 does not. Are they installed on the same machine? Did you try opening the file in Excel and do save as there?

Hi, yes, 2.7 and 3.0 are on the same machine. I’ve just tried it again in 2.7 and it works fine.

My colleague also has the exact same issue (we were both on 2.7 then upgraded to 3.0).

Opening and saving in Excel I have no issues at all. No issues with using the export wizard either.

Thanks,

James

Thanks. I can reproduce it now. I entered CR99299 for this issue. Please keep using TDA 2.7 for now.

Thanks for your help Kiki!

James