Scheduling tasks on server vs local - TOAD for Data Analyst 3.1

It seems that you can only schedule tasks to run locally on your Windows machine, so that you can’t really share the maintenance of scheduled tasks with other people and your machine has to be on. What is involved in setting up TOAD for Data Analysts to be able to schedule tasks on a server? I couldn’t find any documentation on this anywhere. Thanks.

I would imagine you would have to set up Toad on a server and have users RDP to that server and set up/run their jobs from there.

I don’t do reporting out of TDP (I do more web development and ETL), so for “simple” SQL-only tasks, I use command-line tools like BTEQ (Teradata) and SQL+ (Oracle) and schedule them with Windows Task Scheduler on a server.

I don’t know if that helps.

That's what we're doing in my office. I made the suggestion some time ago that they should develop a server type executable to handle multiple users creating scheduled automations, but nothing seems to have come of it.

I would imagine you would have to set up Toad on a
server and have users RDP to that server and set
up/run their jobs from there.

I created the CR 106914 to track the enhancement.

Aleksey

The solution to this issues is scheduled for the next major release. Stay posted:)

Debbie

Meaning TDP 3.5.

I have Toad 3.1 installed on a server and it works great. We remote in to the server and schedule the jobs there. We also had our IT set up special connections with passwords that never expire. The problem we ran into was that any import or export steps had to be recreated because they store the original users connection information in them.

I can’ t wait try 3.5!

• Greg