Schema Comparison 12.1 Inaccurate Objects Which Differ - Columns

I’m using a SDXML captured with 11.6.1.6 Toad on a 10.2.0.5 DB as a source compared to a live 11.2.0.3 DB. The 11.6 comparison shows 72 column differences (correct) and 12.1 shows 3322. Many of the columns aren’t even in the reported parent table and they appear related to visibility. On the plus side, I don’t see the false positive constraint indexes in the 12.1 that I get in 11.6.

When you used 12.1, did you use the SDXML file created by Toad 11.6, or did you use Toad 12.1 to create a file? They are compatible, but as the versions increase,
there could be more information added to the file. The lack of information in a Toad 11.6 SDXML file perceived by Toad 12.1 could easily come up as a difference.

From: chazamania [mailto:bounce-chazamania@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:49 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Schema Comparison 12.1 Inaccurate Objects Which Differ - Columns

Schema Comparison 12.1 Inaccurate Objects Which Differ - Columns

Thread created by chazamania

I’m using a SDXML captured with 11.6.1.6 Toad on a 10.2.0.5 DB as a source compared to a live 11.2.0.3 DB. The 11.6 comparison shows 72 column differences (correct) and 12.1 shows 3322. Many
of the columns aren’t even in the reported parent table and they appear related to visibility. On the plus side, I don’t see the false positive constraint indexes in the 12.1 that I get in 11.6.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Toad 11.6 is the only version in the production data center where the SDXML was captured. I captured a 12.1 SDXML from a local db and the comparison looks more realistic. I thought XML was going to usher in the dawn of the utopia cross-version compatibility baseline management solution that doesn’t require entire database regeneration to establish a baseline with every application upgrade. Just another reason to keep older version of the app handy. I get how complicated it is with the backend syntax changing so frequently. Thanks!

Well, the XML file format was a step in the ‘utopia cross-version compatibility’ direction. I should be able to clean up those ‘visibility’ differences for 12.5. Sounds like they are just defaulting to false instead of true.

All of the syncs are like:

ALTER TABLE NWPS.REF_GROUPS

MODIFY(GROUP_NM INVISIBLE);

Yup, I just tested and saw that and a false diff with the MAXSIZE storage param. They will both be fixed in 12.5. As far as I can tell, those were the only two false diff items so 12.5 shouldn’t give you any problems when using an 11.6 SDXML file.