Scripts and vcs

Hi,

I make a lot of scripts for data manipulation. So not added to TC but possible to checkin to VCS (git). For this I made a directory in the project of the owner of the objects, named SCRIPTS (so structure is: <GIT_HOME/SCHEMA/SCRIPTS>). I save the file to this directory and then tell to TOAD to add the file to VCS (button with white paper and +). TOAD comes up with the add to VCS screen, but saves the file to a complete other directory. If I checkin an object, then TOAD will save to that directory, if nothing has happened before (after startup of TOAD), he asks for a project and saves to that. There is no possibillity to change the directory on checkin, and you see only afterwards where he puts the file if you have vcs logging enabled.

Is this intended to work this way, for now it is not working for me?

Herald

(Beta 12.9.51)

Hey Herald,

For scripts in Team Coding, you’ll need to first select your VCS project before you check in your script. There’s a “Select Project” button in the editor’s toolbar that will let you do this. With many VCS providers, there’s no good way to determine the corresponding VCS project based off of the local folder.

I’d like to see if I can improve VCS project handling for scripts inside of Toad; but until that can be accomplished, you’ll need to select your project manually for scripts before checking them into your VCS provider.

-John

From: herald.ten.dam [mailto:bounce-heraldtendam@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 3:12 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Scripts and vcs

Scripts and vcs

Thread created by herald.ten.dam

Hi,

I make a lot of scripts for data manipulation. So not added to TC but possible to checkin to VCS (git). For this I made a directory in the project of the owner of the objects, named SCRIPTS (so structure is: <GIT_HOME/SCHEMA/SCRIPTS>). I save the file to this directory and then tell to TOAD to add the file to VCS (button with white paper and +). TOAD comes up with the add to VCS screen, but saves the file to a complete other directory. If I checkin an object, then TOAD will save to that directory, if nothing has happened before (after startup of TOAD), he asks for a project and saves to that. There is no possibillity to change the directory on checkin, and you see only afterwards where he puts the file if you have vcs logging enabled.

Is this intended to work this way, for now it is not working for me?

Herald

(Beta 12.9.51)

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi John,

ok, I understand, missed that button. I see this working for scripts not altering objects.

Toad put Always complete object into VCS, no problem with that. But for altering a table with an extra column I make now my own scripts (will TOAD get a diff script option to put in VCS?). Such a script however works not as a script as you describe above, the option to put that script into VCS stays greyed out, possible due to the checkout which comes with running such scripts. Is something possible with this kind of scenarios? Now I add this script by hand to git old-fashioned way on the command line :wink:

Herald