Toad World® Forums

VCS and schema_name

Hi,

I use now TeamCoding and Git as my vcs. It works (almost) like a charm. The only thing I didn’t find yet, if there is a option to not save the schema_owner/schema_name before a file is saved to vcs. If you setup a project then TOAD Always saves it with the schema_owner before the object_name like “SCHEMA.OBJECT_NAME.FILE_EXTENSION”. I see the option to change the file_extensions but not the prefix. I want to save without the schema_name, because I make projects based on schema, and some objects are to be used in more schemas. If not possible, can it be made an option?

Thanks

Herald

Hey Herald,

This option was added to the beta for Toad 12.9. You should be able to find it on the Team Coding Administration window. If you’re not already a member of the beta program, I’d recommend becoming one. Not only will you be able to test new features as they become available, but you’ll also have the ability to be a part of the development process by helping to identifying potential bugs and/or request new features that would help you as a developer.

If you’re interested, you can become a member of the beta program here:
www.toadworld.com/…/

-John

From: herald.ten.dam [mailto:bounce-heraldtendam@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 1:48 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] VCS and schema_name

VCS and schema_name

Thread created by herald.ten.dam

Hi,

I use now TeamCoding and Git as my vcs. It works (almost) like a charm. The only thing I didn’t find yet, if there is a option to not save the schema_owner/schema_name before a file is saved to vcs. If you setup a project then TOAD Always saves it with the schema_owner before the object_name like “SCHEMA.OBJECT_NAME.FILE_EXTENSION”. I see the option to change the file_extensions but not the prefix. I want to save without the schema_name, because I make projects based on schema, and some objects are to be used in more schemas. If not possible, can it be made an option?

Thanks

Herald

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi John,

thank you. I will see if I get the beta and test.

Are there more improvements for TeamCoding. At the moment I have some problems:

1. The VCS browser isn’t working for me. We have about 4000 objects in Git (beside the Oracle objects also the .Net code). If I choose the vcs browser TOAD hangs and I did this for more than half an hour and then killed TOAD.

2. I put once on the logging because I find the speed of checking in/out not that quick. I see that sometimes there is a lot of checking for the credentials in git, and I think, check once, because I’m the only user for TOAD at that moment, If I change than it is another git and not the same git. So I think some caching could be benifical (maybe also the problem for point 1

3. Is there a possibility for checkin for scripts? I mean for scripts, sql scripts that have for example to do with data for a conversion of addition. I tried the option to Add File, TOAD says “added to team coding”, but no where to see, not even in the TeamCoding tables. I made an extra directory named Script in the TeamProject structure. Maybe if the viewer works then this also works for me.

4. Will there be an option to make a deployment script for other databases based on the checkins? I made now 1 for myself out of the TeamCoding tables.

Thanks any way for the good work, the database objects are nicely under control :wink: and that is the most of the work.

Herald