Session Browser Does not display the entire SQL.

Some of the users using an older version of toad cant display the entire sql using session browser / current statement. I am using 12.6 version of Toad and I can see the entire statement.

Is it a Toad Setup issue ? We are connecting to an 11.2.0.4 version of Toad.

11.2.0.4 is an Oracle version, not a Toad version. Can you double-check that Toad version for me? I can find out for sure once I get the Toad version, but I think the answer is going to be “that was a bug in the old version of Toad”.

The toad version is 11.5.1.2. I am able to see the entire current sql using 12.6.

I just created a sql with over 5000 characters and I could see all of them, but they were selected out of V$SQL. If you don’t have select privileges on that, we’ll use V$SQLTEXT_WITH_NEWLINES.

So two questions:

1. Do you have the privilege to select from V$SQL?

2. How long are your statements that are getting cut off?

The user is able to select from v$sql but the create table statements are truncated there too in the output in Toad.

Oh, yeah, I should have thought of that. Oracle truncates DDL in v$SQL. You’ll see that with any version of Toad, and there’s nothing we can do about it. I’m betting when you looked in 12.6, you were looking at Select or DML statements.

Yup thats right !!

Oracle just informed me that its a BUG. They are working on a patch for us.

support.oracle.com/…/BugDisplay