Set Database Object Default Action

Is there a way in TOAD for SQL Server to set the explorer object default action? The default action for tables is “Alter Table” That is never my default action.

I would like to set it up to Send to Object Explorer when i double click an object.

I see where I can show object details on the double click but that is not the same as send to object details.

For Send To Object Details I can’t:

• set it as default
  • set a keyboard combination

To clarify: Object Details is a floating window that can have tabs for many objects. If I click another object in the Explorer, the object details will stay on the original object.

Click Tools >Options >Explorer>General

There is a box for double click behaviour. Select the Open details option.

Directly below that is an item for Use object details to display details. Select it.

Unfortunately there seems to be a bug in 6.7 that was also in the beta but did not get fixed. It initially brings up a tab with just an “x”. If you then select another item (click or double click) the detail will appear. Then you can choose any item and you will get the normal details display. You can also drag and drop to an empty Object details screen and it works fine.

Yes - I’ve tried that approach Mark but my point is that none of those options gives me the same this as if I right click on an object, Send To > Object Details.

With your approach the details change every time I click on another object. That is frustratingly annoying. When I use Send To > Object Details the details stay there until I dismiss them. And I can add tabs for other object details.

I was looking for a way to make that the default action. I would even be happy if I could get that function attached to a keystroke combination but I can’t see that either.

This has been the normal operation as long as I can remember with Toad. If you want multiple tabs you have to drag and drop the second and additional items to the blank area beside any already open tabs in the Object Details tab. Then it gets really annoying. In previous versions, clicking on another item would change the first tab no matter what tab was active (which was bad) but now in 6.7 double clicking does nothing. Any additional objects must be dragged to the window.

From: hasulakg_828 [mailto:bounce-hasulakg_828@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:01 PM

To: toadss@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for SQL Server - Discussion Forum] Set Database Object Default Action

RE: Set Database Object Default Action

Reply by hasulakg_828

Yes - I’ve tried that approach Mark but my point is that none of those options gives me the same this as if I right click on an object, Send To > Object Details.

With your approach the details change every time I click on another object. That is frustratingly annoying. When I use Send To > Object Details the details stay there until I dismiss them. And I can add tabs for other object details.

I was looking for a way to make that the default action. I would even be happy if I could get that function attached to a keystroke combination but I can’t see that either.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for SQL Server - General Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for SQL Server - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.