Set up Relationships

I have multiple tables were columns relate to each other but have different names. How do I set up relationships between these tables ? I.E. SWRDNPD_RESULT_CODE relates to SWRDNPR_RESULT_CODE.

Hi,

It's quite easy. Create an relationship between two entities, open relationship properties, edit the column Child in the groupbox Relationship properties and select the appropriate column's name.

Regards,

David

David, thanks for the response. I still can’t figure it out. I have attached a set of screen prints with the tables that I would like to show the relationships. None of the tables are set up with primary and foreign keys. Will the Modeler allow me to depict the relationships ?

Pat Bennett

Lead Systems Administrator

Information Technology Services

811 W. Houston St., Suite 200M

San Antonio, TX 78207

210-485-0424

Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2016 1:46 AM

To: tdm@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum] Set up Relationships

RE: Set up Relationships

Reply by David

Hi,

It’s quite easy. Create an relationship between two entities, open relationship properties, edit the column Child in the groupbox Relationship properties and select

the appropriate column’s name.

Regards,

David

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Modeler Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Pat,

I looked at you screenshot and I see there is only one relationship in the model between entities “SWRDNPR” and some “Entity1” but the parent entity “SWRDNPR” has no primary key and it causes why PK was not migrated from parent entity to child entity. Only attributes in primary key migrates from parent entity to child entity.

If you want to create the new relationship between “SWRDNPR” and “SWRDNPD” then delete the current one (maybe Entity should be deleted too), add attribute SWRDNPD_RESULT_CODE to primary key and create a new relationship (CTRL+R) between parent entity “SWRDNPR” and child “SWRDNPD”. A new FK/PFK attribute will be created in the child entity and then you can map it as I mentioned above.

Regards

David