Slow initial Toad start

Hi,

In one moment some beta has nice start…but now in 13.0.0.5x is again extremely slow.

Is it only in mine configuration or this is known from your side a swell?

Did you just reset your user files? If so, there is a large one-time startup delay as stale Toad Jump targets are identified and removed from its datafile. This is not a problem in GA builds because we rebuild the jump targets datafile so that no stale targets exist.

Michael

Didn't reset. However, initial load is really big.

Thank you.
Damir (send from mobile)

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018, 16:43 Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Slow initial Toad start

Reply by Michael Staszewski
Did you just reset your user files? If so, there is a large one-time startup delay as stale Toad Jump targets are identified and removed from its datafile. This is not a problem in GA builds because we rebuild the jump targets datafile so that no stale targets exist.

Michael

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

There may have been some Toad changes still requiring Jump datafile self correction. Is this delay present every time you start Toad or was it just the first time? For me the first start just now was slow, but subsequent times normal. The splash screen showed message “Enabling features based on license” during the delay which is the last message you’ll see when Jump does its thing. If you experience slow startup every time then there is something else going on.

Michael

Everystartup...and message is like you said

Thank you.
Damir (send from mobile)

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018, 17:34 Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Slow initial Toad start

Reply by Michael Staszewski
There may have been some Toad changes still requiring Jump datafile self correction. Is this delay present every time you start Toad or was it just the first time? For me the first start just now was slow, but subsequent times normal. The splash screen showed message "Enabling features based on license" during the delay which is the last message you'll see when Jump does its thing. If you experience slow startup every time then there is something else going on.

Michael

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Zip and send me your user files and I’ll take a peek. michaelstaszewskiquest.com

No in last beta, 13.0.0.61, i got initial blank screen for cca 5 secs and then Toad shows connection dialog.

tried to open several times

about client files, send a mail with google drive share (google do not allow any zip with “strange” content)