Slow query

My coworker has a query that is running really slow in TOAD on his computer, but when I run the query in TOAD on my computer it runs really fast. We compared TOAD settings and they seem to be the same. Are there settings we may not be considering or has anyone run into this issue before?

Are you guys getting the same results back? If your coworker is getting a complete result set and you are not they may have Auto Trace enabled in the Editor.
That will fetch the complete data set. It can be toggled on the Editor’s right click menu.

To rule out any settings you can do the following.

Backup Toad’s application data directory. Its location can be found on the General options page.

Reset to a clean set of user files using the Copy User Settings dialog on the Utilities menu.

Is the problem still there?

From: danny.miyasaki [mailto:bounce-dannymiyasaki@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:37 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Slow query

Slow query

Thread created by danny.miyasaki

My coworker has a query that is running really slow in TOAD on his computer, but when I run the query in TOAD on my computer it runs really fast. We compared TOAD settings and they seem to
be the same. Are there settings we may not be considering or has anyone run into this issue before?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 2014.0.4259 / Virus Database: 3684/7045 - Release Date: 01/30/14

Really dumb question - and forgive me for asking - but sometimes when people see this behavior one guy is pressing f5 (run script) and the other guy is pressing f9 (execute) - where one scenario gets back all the rows all at once and the other just fetches enough rows to populate a scroll region of the data grid. Again - forgive me for asking such a dumb question - but you never know …

Not a dumb question. We both are pressing f9.