Slow Editor in Toad for Oracle

Hi,

I am using Toad for Oracle 13.1 and I am working on a rather big package - 70 K lines of code. I realized the Editor window is really really slow ...

For example if I hit CTRL-C to copy something, takes about 3-4 seconds ... Searching something that takes me to the middle of the document takes forever at about 20-30 seconds ...

Is there anything I can do about this? I know Toad is parsing the code to show the highlights and if I want speed I can switch this off, but where's the fun in using an IDE then ... The only idea I have is to split this package in multiple smaller ones, but thats a lot of work and not convinced I want to do that ...

Thanks.

Any chance that you can upgrade to the latest version of Toad (15.0) to confirm there is improvement? The Dev team members are constantly making improvements to Toad's Editor, and there are known issues in older versions of Toad that are similar to what you describe here.

Hey Gary,

Thanks for the reply ... I have tried 14.2 but there there was another error with the editor, don't remember the exact details but for example was not able to run a query that was 3000 lines long ... while in 13.1 it was working perfectly ... That is why I kept using the older version ...

I need to get in touch with my IT department to download the version 15 ... so it's a bit of a hassle ... I will try and let you know ...

If you still have problems with either the 3000 line query or the slowness in Editor in 15.0, please let us know and we'll try to fix it.