Sort By Clicking on Column Header: Schema Browser

I was just upgraded from Toad 8.6 to 12.0 and aside from things looking a lot different it has been great. I am running into a problem that I can’t seem to correct though; when viewing the Schema Toad will not sort the columns when I click on the Column Headers. I do not have any sorting for the Tables and I have the option “Confirm sorts when clicking on column header” option clicked under the DATA GRIDS --> VISUAL options. ANy help would be appreciated!!!

Shawn

Does the query behind the grid have an ORDER BY already? If so, remove it. Then you can sort by clicking column header.

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:06 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Sort By Clicking on Column Header: Schema Browser

Thread created by saw8414

I was just upgraded from Toad 8.6 to 12.0 and aside from things looking a lot different it has been great. I am running into a problem that I can’t seem to correct though; when viewing the
Schema Toad will not sort the columns when I click on the Column Headers. I do not have any sorting for the Tables and I have the option “Confirm sorts when clicking on column header” option clicked under the DATA GRIDS --> VISUAL options. ANy help would
be appreciated!!!

Shawn

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I don’t think so. These are the same tables/views that I have been sorting by clicking on the column headers for almost a year now.

Right hand mouse on the headers – not click – things have changed
J

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:07 AM

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Sort By Clicking on Column Header: Schema Browser

I was just upgraded from Toad 8.6 to 12.0 and aside from things looking a lot different it has been great. I am running into a problem that I can’t seem to correct though; when viewing the
Schema Toad will not sort the columns when I click on the Column Headers. I do not have any sorting for the Tables and I have the option “Confirm sorts when clicking on column header” option clicked under the DATA GRIDS --> VISUAL options. ANy help would
be appreciated!!!

Shawn

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Huh? No - Just a regular click should sort.

From: Bert Scalzo [mailto:bounce-Bert_Scalzo@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:17 AM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Sort By Clicking on Column Header: Schema Browser

RE: Sort By Clicking on Column Header: Schema Browser

Reply by Bert Scalzo

Right hand mouse on the headers – not click – things have changed
J

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:07 AM

be appreciated!!!

Shawn

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hm, I’m not sure then. Can you send a screen shot? Maybe there’s something I’m missing…