Toad World® Forums

Possible Beta or User Issue with Views Tab in Schema Browser

In the last few versions of the 14.1 Beta I have noticed that for some reason regardless of the schema I connect to when in the Schema Browser and look at views, they are listed in a non-alphabetic order. Every other tab alphabetized the contents. Here is an example:

image

I have tried "Clear Filter to Views", "Clear Filter for All Object Types", and "Delete Filter" but this has no impact.

Is this an issue with 14.1 or did I accidentally change something that has not made my list of Views sort in an unexpected way?

I know I can just click the Table heading and that will correct the sort, but every time I connect and every time I click Refresh All Objects I then have to manually sort the Views tab.

This is the first I've heard of it, but it's interesting that it says "table" as the column header. It should say "view". that may be related. I can't reproduce that either.

If you edit Toad.ini (with Toad not running) and remove the [SBLHS] section, does that solve it?

John,

You are awesome! Now the Column Heading correctly says View in the Views tab and everything is correctly sorted as shown below:

image

Whoops, I think I found something. As soon as I hit the "Refresh All Objects" button image it flips the Views tab to the random order and the Column Heading in the tab becomes "Tables". I also noticed that now if I right click on the Colum Header to select what column are displayed, I get columns related to Tables, not those that should be associated with Views as shown below:

image image

I also discovered this behavior seems to happen when connected to an Oracle 19 DB. I connected to an Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 DB and can not replicate the issue. I also connected to an Oracle 18 DB and could not reproduce the issue. I tried 3 Oracle 19 Instances and they all had the issue once I hit Refresh All Objects.

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide that may help with tracking this down.

I'm not getting this on my 19c. Will you turn on spool SQL and see if there is some error under the covers when you do the refresh all?

No errors, here is what was spooled:


-- Session: MEDLKPADM@USPRD158
-- Timestamp: 15:35:57.637
SELECT MIN(CONFIG_ID) FROM TOAD.TCX_CONFIG;


-- Session: MEDLKPADM@USPRD158
-- Timestamp: 15:35:57.677
SELECT CONFIG_ID, CONFIG_DESCRIPTION, CONFIG_TIMESTAMP, OBJECT_TIMESTAMP, DBID, DBNAME, STATUS, STATUS_TYPE, STATUS_BY, STATUS_TIMESTAMP, ENFORCE_DBLOCKS, TC_OBJ_STORE, COMMENTS FROM TOAD.TCX_CONFIG WHERE CONFIG_ID = :config_id;
:config_id(INTEGER,IN)=1


-- Session: MEDLKPADM@USPRD158
-- Timestamp: 15:35:57.842
SELECT CONFIG_ID, PROJECT_ID, TEAM_PROJECT, VCS_PROVIDER, VCS_PROJECT, STATUS, STATUS_TYPE, STATUS_BY, STATUS_TIMESTAMP, COMMENTS, PROJECT_CONFIGURATION FROM TOAD.TCX_TEAM_PROJECTS WHERE CONFIG_ID = :config_id;
:config_id(INTEGER,IN)=1


-- Session: MEDLKPADM@USPRD158
-- Timestamp: 15:35:58.109
SELECT CONFIG_ID,PROJECT_ID,OBJECT_ID,OBJECT_TYPE,OBJECT_OWNER,OBJECT_NAME,OBJECT_SOURCE_FILENAME,VCS_PROJECT,TEAM_PROJECT,VCS_SOURCE_FILENAME,EXCLUSIVE_LOCK,NUMBER_OF_LOCKS,LAST_CHECKOUT_DBUSER,LAST_CHECKOUT_VCSUSER,LAST_CHECKOUT_OSUSER,LAST_CHECKOUT_TIMESTAMP,LAST_CHECKOUT_VCS_REVISION,LAST_CHECKOUT_TC_REVISION,LAST_CHECKOUT_COMMENTS,LAST_CHECKIN_DBUSER,LAST_CHECKIN_VCSUSER,LAST_CHECKIN_OSUSER,LAST_CHECKIN_TIMESTAMP,LAST_CHECKIN_VCS_REVISION,LAST_CHECKIN_TC_REVISION,LAST_CHECKIN_COMMENTS,STATUS,STATUS_BY,STATUS_TYPE,STATUS_TIMESTAMP,COMMENTS FROM TOAD.TCX_OBJECTS;


-- Session: MEDLKPADM@USPRD158
-- Timestamp: 15:35:58.455
Select username
from sys.DBA_USERS
order by username;


-- Session: MEDLKPADM@USPRD158
-- Timestamp: 15:35:58.535
Select o.object_name, substr(o.status, 1, 1) status, o.last_ddl_time, o.object_id, o.created, :own owner
from sys.user_objects o
where o.object_type = 'VIEW';
:own(VARCHAR[9],IN)='MEDLKPADM'

I did the same thing on an Oracle 12 instance and the last SQL statement was identical.

Hm...

Can you zip up and send me your user files folder? Maybe I can reproduce it that way. You can send it to john.dorlon@quest.com.

-John

I tried to email the file Zip (2.8M) and got the following response from your email system:

mx08-001caa02.pphosted.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:
john.dorlon@quest.com (john.dorlon@quest.com)
Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it.
mx08-001caa02.pphosted.com gave this error:
Message Size Violation

I the split the ZIP into 1M files and got the same message when I tried to send the first one. We can pick this back up on Monday.

I just shared a dropbox folder with you where you can put it.

Ok I can reproduce this now.
It only happens on Schemas where Team Coding is installed
And to reset it (at least until you refresh again), all you have to do is close and open the Schema Browser.
I'll have it fixed soon.