SQL connection is failing, cant get it to work

So after months of problems with Toad Data Point 4.1 and constant problems with the automation scheduler working, I took a chance and update to Toad 4.2. Now I cant get a connection to work at all, I have rebooted three times hoping it would resolve, but no luck. I am on a runing Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and trying to connect to a SQL data base. This AM, before I did the update, it was connected and I was able to manually start reports. now I cant do anything with TOAD.

Well that is strange. I am running the same environment you are (Windows server 2012 R2 and SQLServer) and I can connect and create automation jobs and basically do everything you are saying you can’t.

Are you getting any errors that you can share with us? Screen shots, etc?

-Mark

This is the only thing I get. I cant open any of my tsm file

From: Mark Kurtz [mailto:bounce-Mark_Kurtz@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 10:49 AM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] SQL connection is failing, cant get it to work

RE: SQL connection is failing, cant get it to work

Reply by Mark Kurtz

Well that is strange. I am running the same environment you are (Windows server 2012 R2 and SQLServer) and I can connect and create automation jobs and basically do everything you are saying you can’t.

Are you getting any errors that you can share with us? Screen shots, etc?

-Mark

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

can you connect to your SQLServer instance with this user name with other tools?

The error is due the Login username or password being wrong. Connect to SQL Server using some other SQL Server command line interface to verify the login username and password.

The Login credentials username and password should be verified in some other SQL Server command line utility. Do the same Login username and password connect on some other SQL Server CLI?