SQL history and named partially dissappears

We connect to a server using RDS that is running TOAD 12. It in turn connects to the Oracle server. It’s been working like a champ.

Last week I did a few SQL statements, ran them saved them as named SQL. I redid them, reran them and saved them over the top of the previous ones. The name I used did start with a “$”.

Today, I go on, hit F8 and they are not there. I then tried to find them in the history tab. Nothing is there since 2/28!

How are these saved? If there are multiple users (different TOAD licenses), do they all share the same history, or is it schema dependent?

Jerry

Ø
How are these saved? If there are multiple users (different TOAD licenses), do they all share the same history, or is it schema dependent?

Each Windows user will have their own SQL recall datafile. It is stored in your user files folder in SavedSQL.dat. There are no ties to the connected schema.

There are no restrictions on the name used or number of statements saved for named SQL. Do you have any grid filters in place that would prevent them from showing?
Try widening the docked panel so that you can see all toolbar items and make sure the SQL Contains edit states and that the Database edit states .

From: gerald.novak [mailto:bounce-geraldnovak@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 11:04 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] SQL history and named partially dissappears

SQL history and named partially dissappears

Thread created by gerald.novak

We connect to a server using RDS that is running TOAD 12. It in turn connects to the Oracle server. It’s been working like a champ.

Last week I did a few SQL statements, ran them saved them as named SQL. I redid them, reran them and saved them over the top of the previous ones. The name I used did start with a “$”.

Today, I go on, hit F8 and they are not there. I then tried to find them in the history tab. Nothing is there since 2/28!

Jerry

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

SQL says no filter, Database says

Still stumped.

In the Editor hit CTRL+N. Do you see them listed? I tried a quick test creating a named SQL named “$test” and closed Toad, reopened and it was still present.
Also, are new statements being added properly? Execute a statement, does it show on the History tab? Save another as named, do you see it?

From: gerald.novak [mailto:bounce-geraldnovak@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 11:23 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] SQL history and named partially dissappears

RE: SQL history and named partially dissappears

Reply by gerald.novak

SQL says no filter, Database says

Still stumped.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

CTRL-N - nope, not listed.

It is currently saving history & named. Just really strange that it asked about over-writing when I saved it but not asking now. I did sign on from a different computer, so perhaps the windows signon is attatched to a different name somehow. I’ll check when I get home.