I recently switched from version 5.5.4 to 6.2 and few features are getting on my nerves.
The editor window and toolbar:
- If I click on ‘New SQL’ icon, leave the mouse cursor there, the popup appears right over the SQL text I’m typing, blocking first 1-2 lines of code.
- Open File, by some reason open SQL script in a new window, not in the one I worked with.
- Auto Code Completion - pops up somewhat randomly, sometimes after I press F9 to execute my script. Also stays up even when I switch beween editor windows, sometimes making the cursor in the editor to disappear.
- The result output window keeps shifting columns, can’t figure out how to make them fixed for good.
- When I try to copy results from the result window using Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C it copies the Row # by some reason.
- Row# values disappear if selected, unlike other columns that turn white-on-blue when selected.
- SQL History - when I click this button, the history rolls out and collapses a half a second later, unless I swiftly move the mouse cursor over it.
Since 6.2 does not crash as much as 5.5.4 I think I’m going to use it anyway.