SQL Recall

I’m currently on version 12 and the SQL Recall feature doesn’t seem to be working as in prior versions. I seem to remember that Toad would automatically save your script in the recall history once it was executed… no highlighting the query or clicking any buttons. Even following the current version content instructions, the button that it says to click after selecting your query to save isn’t even activiated or available to use.

Can someone clue me in as to how to get this function working properly again?

Thanks!

Hello,

You mention “scripts” in your message. I think it’s important to first point out that SQL Recall does not save F5 script execution, rather F9 Execute/Compile
Statements. If you run a statement in the Editor using F9 (Execute/Compile) or Shift+F9, the statement is automatically added to SQL Recall “History” tab. You can open SQL Recall window by using the F8 key. Once you find your statement in the SQL Recall
window, just double click it to open it back in the Editor.

Another way to add statements to SQL Recall without executing them is from the Editor menu > Add to personal SQL’s and Add to named SQL’s.

Also note there are some options that affect this, check out options > Editor > Code Assist.

From: derek.newton [mailto:bounce-dereknewton@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 7:58 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] SQL Recall

SQL Recall

Thread created by derek.newton

I’m currently on version 12 and the SQL Recall feature doesn’t seem to be working as in prior versions. I seem to remember that Toad would automatically save your script in the recall history
once it was executed… no highlighting the query or clicking any buttons. Even following the current version content instructions, the button that it says to click after selecting your query to save isn’t even activiated or available to use.

Can someone clue me in as to how to get this function working properly again?

Thanks!

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

F5 ‘Execute as Script’ use to also save the query to history in earlier versions. However, the F9 did work as you stated. Thanks for the assist.

Also, there is a setting on th eOptions page under “Scripts” to “Maintain Script History”. Not sure how it gets unchecked…

…and, at the bottom of the SQL Recall “History” tab is a check box. Checked it does not show History of executed queries. Unchecked it does show previous unsaved queries.

That option is unchecked by default because it keeps the entire script output history for that session and can chew up resources.

Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 10:15 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] SQL Recall

RE: SQL Recall

Reply by aleezer

Also, there is a setting on th eOptions page under “Scripts” to “Maintain Script History”. Not sure how it gets unchecked…

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.