Not every query goes to the SQL Recall

I noticed today that some of my queries are not going into the SQL Recall history. I have a big query that I wanted to save as a named query when I noticed that it wasn’t listed in the history at all, even though I had just successfully run it. I then tried SELECT * FROM dual and it went right in the history. Tried my query again, it ran, but still would not be saved in the history.

What might I look for to figure out why every query is not automatically saved. I am hesitant to posting the code here because of business sensitivity and it is quite large. Certainly it isn’t size-related (whether or not to save the query depends on the size???)

I am using Toad Data Point 3.2.0.916

If you are excuting a script that has more than one sql and use F5 the SQL will not be put into SQL Recall. Try using F9.

Debbie

From: SkipMorrow [mailto:bounce-SkipMorrow@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 10:32 AM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Not every query goes to the SQL Recall

I noticed today that some of my queries are not going into the SQL Recall history. I have a big query that I wanted to save as a named query when I noticed that it wasn’t listed in the history
at all, even though I had just successfully run it. I then tried SELECT * FROM dual and it went right in the history. Tried my query again, it ran, but still would not be saved in the history.

What might I look for to figure out why every query is not automatically saved. I am hesitant to posting the code here because of business sensitivity and it is quite large. Certainly it isn’t
size-related (whether or not to save the query depends on the size???)

I am using Toad Data Point 3.2.0.916

F9 definitely fixed it. Thanks. By the way, my query is a simple, vanilla, query (long, but simple). One select statement, many columns and joins, and a bunch of WHERE clauses and comments. But when I use F5 for SELECT * FROM dual, that query does show up in the history.

Yes, there is some logic in the code when using F5 on whether the SQL goes to recall. It seems that one SQL statement would go to SQL Recall. Are you saying
that you only have one SQL in the editor and it does not send to SQL Recall? IF that is the case, send me the SQL by private email and we can see if there is a bug in this logic.

Debbie

debbie.peabody@quest.com

From: SkipMorrow [mailto:bounce-SkipMorrow@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:18 AM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Not every query goes to the SQL Recall

F9 definitely fixed it. Thanks. By the way, my query is a simple, vanilla, query (long, but simple). One select statement, many columns and joins, and a bunch of WHERE clauses and comments.
But when I use F5 for SELECT * FROM dual, that query does show up in the history.