SQL Tracker in Toad For Oracle 11.5 on Window 7 64 bit not opening.

I recently went(not upgraded) to from Windows XP 32bit to Windows 7 64bit. I have installed Toad for Oracle 11.5 and Oracle Client 11G 32 bit. It originally did not work even in compatibility mode but I made it work but creating the file path it was looking for during startup(since I could not find a way to change where it was looking). Anyways, now when I try to run SQL Tracker nothing happens at all.

Does anyone have SQL Tracker working in Windows 7 64bit.

" It originally did not work even in compatibility mode"

What didn’t work … toad or Oracle client (let us say sqlplus). Please explain.

I have run 32 bit configuration on 64 bit Windows without problem … Toad 11.6 and onward with 10.2.01 and 11.2 client versions.

Toad 11.5 frankly was long time ago and do not real answer for particulary this version-but do not see any reason it should not work…

However strongly advised to go to latest Toad version (12.1) or at least to 11.6.3 which is far more stable and fixed then 11.5

P.S.

If you have upgraded Windows XP to Windows 7 directly (as upgrade, then this will be tha cause of many problems, so advice is to install clean Windows 7 from the scratch.

SQL Tracker would not work even in compatibility mode. I have a fresh install of Windows 7. Does it cost money to upgrade to a newer version of Toad? I will have to get with my company and see about upgrading.

Actually I have SQL Tracker 3.0 which supports 64 bit processors and works with Windows 7(going by the help file) so i am unsure what is going on here.

Do you have .net version
v2.0.50727
or higher installed on your machine?

From: james_hambrick [mailto:bounce-james_hambrick@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 4:37 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] SQL Tracker in Toad For Oracle 11.5 on Window 7 64 bit not opening.

RE: SQL Tracker in Toad For Oracle 11.5 on Window 7 64 bit not opening.

Reply by james_hambrick

Actually I have SQL Tracker 3.0 which supports 64 bit processors and works with Windows 7(going by the help file) so i am unsure what is going on here.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I have .Net 4.0

So you had Toad already installed before upgrading your OS From XP to Win7? In this case, I would completely uninstall and re-install Toad. Don’t worry, your
user files are renamed when you uninstall Toad, so if this solution works, you can always get your old user files back. I would be sure to locate the current app data folder Toad is using first (options > general) and make a note of it. Once Toad is re-installed,
you could manually move your old user files to the new location where Toad is looking for them. Note that your old app data folder will be renamed by Toad during uninstall by adding “_uninstalled” to the end of the folder named after the Toad version.

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 5:00 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] SQL Tracker in Toad For Oracle 11.5 on Window 7 64 bit not opening.

Reply by james_hambrick

I have .Net 4.0

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I did not upgrade(poor choice of words in the original post). I had Windows XP and Toad for Oracle 11.5 and SQL Tracker worked there. My HD crashed so I got a new HD and loaded Windows 7 64 bit. I then re-installed Toad for Oracle. I installed Oracle 11G client 32bit also. After some finagling I was able to Toad for Oracle to work but not SQL Tracker.

Here is a process monitor log of me trying to open SQL Tracker.This is only the very end of the log file.

I got it to work. I just had to copy the following files into the SQL Tracker folder

MSVCR80.DLL

MSVCM80.DLL

MSVCP80.DLL

I found the files by doing a search for them. The copied them into Program Files(x86)\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle11.5\SQLTracker\

I only see one DLL listed 3 times. The DLL you listed should already live with sqldbmon.exe in your SQL Tracker program files folder, as it is put down by
our installer. Was this file not there?

Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 11:38 AM

Reply by james_hambrick

I got it to work. I just had to copy the following files into the SQL Tracker folder

MSVCR80.DLL

MSVCM80.DLL

MSVCP80.DLL

I found the files by doing a search for them. The copied them into Program Files(x86)\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle11.5\SQLTracker\

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Sorry, I guess my dyslexia is kicking in.

MSVCR80.dll is installed by Toad. I’m not sure about the rest of them…

Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 11:38 AM

Reply by james_hambrick

MSVCR80.DLL

MSVCM80.DLL

MSVCP80.DLL

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Notice the subtle differences between the names(R,M,P). They were not there in the initial install.