SQL Tracker Oracle

Hi!

I’ve installed Windows 8 x64 and Toad DBA Suite for Oracle 12.1 64-bit.

When I try to monitor an application using SQL Tracker I receive error message: “Failed to create remote thread; error = 5. Access denied”.

Anyone has any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!

Hi,

Which client version is installed on your Windows and which Oracle version you are trying to connect to (presume server is not on your PC)?

Brg

Damir

I have Oracle client 10.2 both x64 and x86 versions. Oracle server version is 10.2 too.

Slaviki,

When you use Windows x64 you MUST use x64 Oracle client and Toad x64 (Tracker should follow that as well).

In a case of multi Oracle home, ensure that your binaries look on the right directories.

P.S.

I have similar situation like you and get data in Tracker without any problem.

Brg,

Damir Vadas

Not true. Toad does not depend on Windows version – only on the Oracle client version. If you are on Windows 32-bit, then both Toad and Oracle client must be
32-bit. If you are on Windows 64-bit – then you have two valid options:

Oracle client 32-bit and Toad 32-bit

Oracle client 64-bit and Toad 64-bit

There are several blogs about this on Toad World:

http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/b/weblog/archive/2012/11/28/running-toad-for-oracle-in-a-64-bit-environment-updated.aspx

Bert,

I think you are pretty wrong now regarding your blog topics … and this mostly has nothing with Toad versions but with Oracle client versions…which in the end determine use of Toad versions.

Let me explain…

If you look in Oracle certification panel, it states something like:

If you use x64 Windows then your Oracle client must be x64 type. According that, if Oracle client is x64, then only Toad x64 is in game (not x32 as you state).

All other combinations (Windows-Oracle) are not recommended and the best of all not certified for any proffi use.

So regardless Toad may work as x32 or x64 on Windows x64, only mentioned combinations should be used in any serious business.

This is why I really adore Toad x64 bit which allowed me to use proper Oracle clients in all mine installations and like before, faking all with wrong oracle x32 versions, which shows some known problems on x64 Windows.

So mine “MUST” is also somehow wrong in a light that all previous versions were using uncertified combination, but we were forced if we wanted to use Toad.
[H]

Brg,

Damir Vadas

Simply put there are many apps which still don’t offer a 64-bit version yet – so you have no choice (e.g. some versions of even MS Office). My blogs are 100%
correct. My desktop has both 32 and 64 bit clients installed because I have tools of both bits sizes. It all works as stated. I have verified all settings against the metalink docs on valid configurations for database versions, Windows OS versions, and their
bit sizes.

I don’t think that my problem connected with oracle client versions.

I tried to recompile application, that i tried to monitor with SQL Tracker, for x86 platform and Tracker worked normally.

So, i think that my problem appears when SQL Tracker trying to monitor x64 application.

Anyone has any ideas how to fix it?

You mis-read my reply – you say:

If you use x64 Windows then your Oracle client must be x64 type. According that, if
Oracle client is x64, then only Toad x64 is in game (not x32 as you state).

I did not say you can mix 32-bit toad and 64-bit client. You cannot. I said toad bit size MUST = Oracle client bit size - No exception - But Windows bit size
does not matter. I can do 32-bit on 64-bit Windows.

Oracle client is x64, then only Toad x64 is in game (not x32 as you state).

Yes I still think that but "in a game" is in a way of not recommended ... not "not possible" and this is mine mistake.

Once again MUST is not appropriate word in mentioned context.

Still think that only mentioned combination is OK to use (however you call other combinations, but they could lead to some errors and inappropriate application behaviours)

Once again I have Tracker on x64 Windows (x64 bit Toad as well as Oracle client) and I can track without reason.

I tried to recompile application, that i tried to monitor with SQL Tracker

Which application are we speaking about? Java, C#, Delphi, VB (what db adopter you use in that case) ...

C# application using System.Data.OracleClient.

I built my app for x64 platform and SQL Tracker worked!

So the problem appears when I build application for “Any CPU”. Maybe there is some setting need to be applied for SQL Tracker to work?