Starteam and SQL Navigator 5.5 Integration

We traid to integrate Starteam with SQL Navigator 5.5.

The SCC Integration package of Starteam was installed.
After the installation we open the SQL Navigator, but while the screen is loading, it quickly closes without giving any error message.

I attached the log file with the error that SQL Navigator registered.

I hope you can help, it is very important for us to use Starteam as a code control .

Thanks

hs_err_pid4076.log (11.5 KB)

Hi Pablo,

Which StarTeam version you are using please.

SQL Navigator supports StarTeam Borland StarTeam 4.2, 5.1,5.4, 6.0 and 2005.

Michael has tried StarTeam 2008 and could reproduce the issue you reported.

We will look into it and will provide you another update later this week.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

We use Starteam 2008 Release 2.

Actually we resoled the previous problem, it was related with the java version it must be 1.6.0_17 or superior:

Inside the file C:\Program Files\Borland\Java\Java.ini , we changed the jre folder.
For example: folder=Sun1.6.0_02

Now, we can check out DB objects, modifed it but, when we do the check in, it doesn’t work. We can check in the object from the Starteam Client but from SQL Navigator we can’t.

Thanks in advance

Message was edited by: PabloGA

Many thanks Pablo for your note on the java runtime version. Glad that you have managed to figure it out. I have tried with 1.6.0_21 and it everything working fine. I have also checked the check in using SQL Navigator v 5.5.4 and v6.3, both are working fine, I could check in from SQl Navigator.
Could you please let us know more details of the check in issues you are currently having…

Thanks,
Bruce

PS: Just let you know with the older jvm version, SQL Navigator could not load/initialize
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsSccIntegration3.dll (Borland StarTeam SCC Integratioin API). I have checked with our other products IDE and it could handle the MsSccIntegration3.dll with jmv 1.6.0_2 though. We will try to figure out why SQL Navigator could not do so…

It seams to be that the Sql Navigator never synchronize with StarTeam, it just dowload the file to the working folder, but Sql Navigator never connect to StarTeam. I attached a document with the steps to replicate the error, it was redacted in spanish, but I hope it could help
Steps to replicate the error.docx (241 KB)

Hi Pablo,

Thank you for your doc. I will get back to you later with an update.

I will try my best to follow your doc. Might need to ask for help from our Spanish friends :-).

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Pablo,

Sorry we could still not reproduce your issue here with our testing environments.

We have setup the StarTeam integration with SQL Navigator as attached screen shots, and we could check-in and check-out from SQL Navigator.

We use the java runtime library 1.6.0_21: jvm.dll and classes.jsa. I just replaced the 2 files in C:\Program Files\Borland\Java\Sun1.6.0_02\bin\client. I have uploaded the 2 files that we have in our environment to -
http://sqlnavigator.inside.quest.com/shares/sqlnavigator/sbin/temp/jvm/client.zip
(5MB)

I am not sure your issue is again with the jvm libraries. Could you please try to download the 2 files and see if you still have the checkin/checkout issues.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce
java.jpeg

Hi Pablo,

Sorry we could still not reproduce your issue here with our testing environments.

We have setup the StarTeam integration with SQL Navigator as attached screen shots, and we could check-in and check-out from SQL Navigator.

We use the java runtime library 1.6.0_21: jvm.dll and classes.jsa. I just replaced the 2 files in C:\Program Files\Borland\Java\Sun1.6.0_02\bin\client. I have uploaded the 2 files that we have in our environment to -
http://sqlnavigator.inside.quest.com/shares/sqlnavigator/sbin/temp/jvm/client.zip
(5MB)

I am not sure your issue is again with the jvm libraries. Could you please try to download the 2 files and see if you still have the checkin/checkout issues.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce
teamcoding2.jpeg

Hi Pablo,

(5MB)

Thanks and regards,
Bruce
teamcoding3.jpeg

Hi Pablo,

(5MB)

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Pablo,

(5MB)

Thanks and regards,
Bruce
teamcoding4.jpeg

Hi Pablo,

(5MB)

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Ok thanks.

We downloaded and replaced the files, but the problem remain.

Could you tell us what is the version of the SCCIntegrator that you have installed and the version of SQL Navigator.

We have:

Best Regards.

Message was edited by: PabloGA

Hi Pablo,

I have tested with:

• SQL Navigator 5.5.4.874
  • Same SCCIntegrator 10.4.7 download from the same location from Borland.
  • and using the jvm files build 21 as attached screenshot.

Thanks,
Bruce

Hi Pablo,

I have tested with:

• SQL Navigator 5.5.4.874
  • Same SCCIntegrator 10.4.7 download from the same location from Borland.
  • and using the jvm files build 21 as attached screenshot.

Thanks,
Bruce
starteam2.jpeg

Hi Bruce.

I asked about the version because in the images that you attached, I could see the version 6.3, and we think that the main reason could by the version of SQL Navigator.

Thanks. Pablo

Hi Pablo,

I used v6.3 to capture the images, but I can confirm again that we also tested using v5.5.4 and Team Coding works fine with StarTeam.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Bruce, the Starteam Server version is 2005 or 2008?.

Thanks

Hi Pablo,

The StarTeam server is 2008. The client is also 2008. I have attached the version info screens for your reference.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Pablo,

The StarTeam server is 2008. The client is also 2008. I have attached the version info screens for your reference.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce
starteam1.jpeg