Startup Error - Path of .tpf not found

Our company recently moved a network drive from H: to I:. Now when I open up Toad for DA, I get the following message and the software no longer works as all the screens are blank. I tried to find a way to tell Toad for DA where the file is now located but there is no way. I cannot even get the Project Manager screen to show anything at all for options to open, close, etc.

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
Could not find a part of the path ‘H:\database_services\Data\Analysis\mbc.tpf’.
Stack Trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at Quest.Toad.ProjectManager.ProjectContents.get_RootItem()
at Quest.Toad.ProjectManager.ProjectManagerControl…ctor()
at Quest.Toad.Analyst.AnalystBrowserControl.InitializeComponent()
at Quest.Toad.Analyst.AnalystBrowserControl…ctor()

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The files that are causing you problems are ProjectManager.tpf and ProjectManager.xml and are located below. You would need to change the path below and replace your username and version of TDA possibly.

C:\Documents and Settings\dpeabody\Local Settings\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad for Data Analysis 1.1\ModuleSettings\

You could handle this a couple of ways.

1. Move/rename these files and new blank project manager files will be created.
  2. Edit them to the correct paths.

Either of these should handle things.

Debbie

i created CR49,047 to handle this better in the future:)
Debbie

I restarted Toad for DA and everything is back. Just in time too as I have to demo this eval version tomorrow for my manager to approve the licensing. Thanks!

Thanks Debbie! I was able to fix the problem based on your suggestions. Yes, I agree that it could be handled better when this scenario arises.

FYI… here is what I did:

1. Navigated to:

C:\Documents and Settings\me\Local Settings\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad for Data Analysis Trial 1.1\ModuleSettings

1. Opened the file ProjectManager.xml

2. Changed the path for the following item and pointed it to the new location of the .tpf file.