Suggestion For trace file browser

Hi!

When trace session (from session browser) is started, at the end of trace toad ask you to load trace file in trace file browser.

If user chose yes (and download of trace file broke) or say initially no, he/she has no clue which trace file name that was in this case.

So my proposal is to show somehow that trace file name initially … however to be seen …

Brg

Damir Vadas

Hi Damir,

If you go to the Session Browser, Processes tab, you can see the name of the trace file for each session (that doesn’t mean that each session has a trace file, just that if there is one - this is what it will be named).

-John

John,

Correct…but for me seems to be more convenient to have it in one place … in status line somewhere if possible bold …

Brg

Damir

The information comes from v$process, so the “process” tab is the right place for it. It is also on the dialog as the file is transferring, and in the trace file browser, once the file is opened. If the file doesn’t get opened, you should be able to see it in the ‘transferring’ dialog before it closes. I noticed that dialog isn’t resizable so you can’t always see the filename if the path is long. This is fixed.

John,

this seems to be exactly mine case.

THX for quick help.

Brg

Damir