Suggestion on the some extra features on Toad Data Modeler

Hi

I think i would be quite good to put an extra option on the Help menu bar, which will link to this forum, whenever we found some problem/suggestion, we can then click on that button to post message to the forum = ). and also I am wondering would it be possible to put all the flash tutorial on to the final Toad data modeller as part of Help function? I think it is very useful, once you have forgotten about how to do something, you can then just look up the tutorial locally rather then need to do to toad’s website.

One more feature, i would like to have, which is after you Alter scriptor (Use the convertor) , at the moment after you the convertor tocreate a new model, it will not save the file into a new model (.txpfile) unless you click on “save model as” button. therefore I wouldsuggest to have a feature which will inform the user if the model havenot been saved, if the user want to save the model…etc (I understoodthat the model have been saved in a temporary location, but it would bebetter to have a pop up and ask if you want to save the model tospecific location now [whenever it detect it is a temp file when theuser close Toad data modeller…etc) [this also apply to reverse engineered model/database]

Ithink it would be more powerful to have extra feature on Generate DDLScript wizard’s Entity tab to allow user to choose to generate whichview/ procedure …etc. because sometime the user may want to use thespecific set of SQL script.

Many thanks

Chi

Message was edited by: Chi

Hello Chi,

Help menu bar, which will link to this forum...

Yes, it will be available.

...put all the flash tutorial on to the final Toad data modeller as part of Help function?

The flash movies will not be included in the installation package within Help. The movies will be available online and they will be updated whenever necessary, so users will watch always up-to-date movies. Of course, in the Help file, there will be references to the movies section.

I would suggest to have a feature which will inform the user if the model havenot been saved, if the user want to save the model... it would bebetter to have a pop up and ask if you want to save the model tospecific location now.

Thanks for this suggestion. CR # 36 508.

...have extra feature on Generate DDLScript wizard's Entity tab to allow user to choose to generate which view/ procedure ...etc.

Thanks. CR # 36 513. In any case, we plan to enhance the selection of items for script generation in the future.
At the moment, you can select/clear the Generate checkbox in Properties dialog of appropriate item (view/procedure etc.)

Regards,

Vladka