Hello Toad Data Modeler users,
I am pleased to infom you that another commercial version of Toad Data Modeler - version 3.2.4 has been released.
This version brings many great new features and enhancements. More than one hundred change requests (suggestions and bugs) reported by you, TDM users, have been implemented in this version! We thank you very much for your fantastic co-operation and believe you will enjoy using this much enhanced version of Toad Data Modeler.
Please see below a brief list of the new features and enhancements. (I have selected those that you called for most often. Their complete list, including details, is available in the Release Notes document. Please see the reference links below.)
- Support for Oracle 11g
- Support for MS Access 2000/2002/2003
- Possibility to Load Oracle Models from SQL Script in the RE Wizard and via LIVE RE (Via LIVE RE, you can load besides Entities, Views and Synonyms also Types, Functions, Procedures, Materialized views etc. - just drag&drop the selected items!)
- New functions ‘Simple Model Conversion’ and ‘Simple Model Merge’
- Possibility to design relationship lines in right-angled mode, change lines from straight to right-angled, move selected line segments, align break points, move relationship caption and much more.
- Optimization of Memory Consumption
- Faster Performance of Large Models
- Enhanced Detection of Errors
- User Selected Object Types and Properties (OTPs) - Possibility to share OTPs with other users.
- Option to set up synchronization of NotNull and Mandatory Parent.
- Possibility to set up a default data type.
- Possibility to set a primary key to attribute on tab Attributes in the Entity Properties form (just double-click!).
- SQL/DDL Script Generation - Possibility to select preferred encoding for generated script. Possibility to generate the script by schema.
- HTML/RTF Reports - All the settings you define in the Report Wizard are saved with the model now.
- Enhancements for the following databases: MS SQL 2005, MS SQL 2000, Oracle 10g and Oracle 9i, MySQL 5, Sybase ASE, PostgreSQL 8.2 and PostgreSQL 8.1.
GUI Enhancements + Others
- New option ‘Sort Alphabetically’ in Model Explorer.
- New icon for Reverse Engineering in the toolbar.
- Move Shapes - Possibility to set up a size for moving shapes in Workspace.
- Autolayout - Option to set up a coefficient of distance between tables in Workspace.
- Reverse Engineering Wizard - Possibility to delete aliases in first step in the RE Wizard.
- Word Wrap on tabs SQL Preview, SQL, After Script and Before Script.
- New Workspace Properties dialog where you can write description on particular WS.
- Enhanced navigation in Workspace:
CTRL +, CTRL+Page Up to zoom in,
CTRL -, CTRL+Page Down to zoom out,
CTRL+scroll mouse to zoom in/zoom out,
scroll mouse to move up/down in Workspace,
SHIFT+scroll mouse to move to the right/left in Workspace,
holding down the middle button to move in entire page/Workspace.
- Possibility to move and resize shapes in Workspaces using the keyboard arrows.
- and much more…
The Release Notes document is available at:
There is one installation package for Commercial and Trial version of Toad Data Modeler.
Please read the Installation Guide.pdf document carefully before you install the latest version of Toad Data Modeler.
Take notice of the section “Important Notes” in the document. Thank you.
The Installation Guide is available on the new version Download page.
Uninstall of previous version is not necessary.
Updating Commercial version of Toad Data Modeler:
If you are a holder of commercial key, the application will update and launch automatically (you will not be asked to enter your commercial key again).
(Note: This stands provided that you install the new version to the same directory where the previous version was installed.)
Updating Trial version:
After you run the new version, it will open in Trial mode automatically. During the 15-day trial period, you will be able to test all features of Toad Data Modeler.
Freeware version is not available any more.
!Do NOT work with models originally created in higher version of TDM in lower version of TDM. (Example: You create a model in TDM v. 3.2.4. Do not open/resave the model in any lower version of TDM - e.g. 3.1.7 etc.)
Download Toad Data Modeler 3.2.4 from:
Documentation and Flash Movies
Help file, Manual and Reference Guide have been updated.
Watch new and updated flash movies at:
Please sort the movies in ascending or descending order.
All movies have been updated. New movies are marked as NEW! and movies where significant changes have been made are marked as MODIFIED!.
Any feedback on the movies is greatly appreciated!
Using TDM v2 and v3
You can use both versions at the same time. Both product versions can be installed on your computer and no problem should occur.
Version 3 can open *.dm2 and .dmx files directly. However, models created in version 3 (.txp) cannot be opened in version 2.
Version 3 does not support all databases supported in version 2.
Flash movie on opening models created in version 2 is available at:
Purchase and Support Links
Visit Quest’s online store:
For technical questions contact Technical Support at:
TDM v3 Full versus BETA
You can have the commercial/trial version and BETA installed on one computer. The Beta version uses different folders for configuration files and other default directories than commercial/trial version. No problem should occur.
- Read our Weblog and post your comments:
Tip! - Let me recommend you to go through the ‘Tips and Tricks’ section where many of the new features and enhancements were already introduced.
- Please feel free to look around the Library section in our Modeling community:
Tip! - “Tips on Managing Relationship Lines” - tips, techniques, replies to often asked questions on how to manage relationship lines, line segments, break points etc. in Straight Mode and Right Angled mode.
Let us know your feedback in the Customer Survey at:
And, of course, please do not hesitate to write directly to our team via the Modeling community forum! We are here for you, ready to help and listen!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Enjoy modeling with the new version 3.2.4!
Vladka & TDM Team