UPdate: I installed TDM 3.2.4 today, and the problem is exactly the same. Oracle_home/tns_admin environment vars aren’t read, tnsnames isn’t found, providing a direct path to Oracle Home (using native client connect) is ignored, and the oci.dll isn’t found unless I copy it into the TDM dir.
I also confirmed another issue I ran into when trying a plain TCP connect:
Connection failed because of the following error:“NET: Invalid SID”
As I’m sure you know using SID has been depecated and SERVICE_NAME should be used instead, at least for 10g and higher. In my case SID is simply not supported on the 10g RAC.
Again, I do have a workaround, but it’s disappointing that it would be this difficult to get TDM to follow a simple path to the Oracle installation. This is on a newer, plain vanilla XP system, BTW.
If you’d like more info just let me know.