TDP 3.2 hangs trying to add Oracle table

I’m new to Toad and was attracted by the cross-connection query capability.

However, every time I try to add a table from an Oracle db to the cross-connection query builder or the cross-connection query editor, the app crashes.

Interestingly, a colleague was able to create a connection to a different Oracle db on my application and had no problems.Can a particular Oracle db cause this problem?

BTW, the crash happens to everyone in our department who tries to connect to this particular Oracle DB. Any suggestions appreciated.

What edition of Toad do you have, base edition has limited cross-connection query capability so I suggest you use professional edition. If you don’t have it, please download our latest 3.5 trial installer which can be installed side by side with your version 3.2, it is valid for 30 days and has latest update/fix of the feature, please give it a try see if it works for you. If same thing happens, we need more information of this particular Oracle DB.

Thanks, Kiki.

I
do have the TDA 3.2 Base edition.

Interestingly, I was able to connect to a different Oracle database successfully. So, it looks like there’s something about the particular Oracle DB to which
I can’t connect.

What information would you need?

–Mark

[mailto:bounce-Kiki@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:47 PM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] TDP 3.2 hangs trying to add Oracle table

RE: TDP 3.2 hangs trying to add Oracle table

Reply by Kiki

What edition of Toad do you have, base edition has limited cross-connection query capability so I suggest you use professional edition. If you don’t have it, please download our latest 3.5 trial
installer which can be installed side by side with your version 3.2, it is valid for 30 days and has latest update/fix of the feature, please give it a try see if it works for you. If same thing happens, we need more information of this particular Oracle DB.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails
on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed

and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material. If you receive this material/information in error,

please contact the sender and delete or destroy the material/information.