TDP Giving Up on Query Connections with No Error in Automation

OK Martin/Debbie,

Attached is the updated “dump” file for the hung task as requested via email. Let me know if you have any troubles getting to the file. Hope this helps!

Chad

Hi Team,

I was just wondering if there were any developments with this? Thanks so much again!

Ours stopped again this month. I made a copy of the task manager log but before I could send it, it disappeared?

Not sure if Task Manager overwrote the original or what.

Also checked in the Application Data directory but I couldn’t see anything with an appropriate date

I won’t be able to test it again until beginning of November.

So frustrating!!

The dmp file did not prove fruitful. We are scheduling time with a different develop to advise on this situation.

Is is possible that the hang is on the database side? The dmp file shows that it never returned from a get from the server.

I don’t believe so Debbie. The reason for this is when you run the same query using the editor and not the automation, although it may take a bit to return results, it does complete regardless how long it takes. Also, using other software such as Access or another old software we use, it does not just hang and end the connection. I do agree it never gets data from the server, but I believe its because the connection is lost somehow and then just hung on the TDP automation side after that.

Thanks

Chad

Hi Debbie or TDP team. I was just wondering if you were able to get with the different developer in regards to this issue and may have any more updates or information to provide?

Thanks!

Chad

Hi Debbie and TDP team. I was wondering if there were any additional updates on this issue and if there’s been any developments from the other developers you were checking into on this? Thanks! Chad

We just finished TDP 4.1 so we have some more time. I have reviewed QAT-8972, which is the current open task for this issue, and have assigned to Aleksey. He will start work on this mid-next week. In the meantime I would like to capture fresh logs. We did find an error that when you open the automation script it will delete the last automation log. This is why you couldn’t find the logs before So the next time you get the hang, go to app data dir, dont open the automation window and get me the following logs.

***C:\Users%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad Data Point 4.0*ExecutionTrace.log

C:\Users*%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad Data Point 4.0\Automation\automation.log (Grab any that have hung)

C:\Users*%userprofile%***\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad Data Point 4.0**\ImportExport\ exportlog_TMPxxx.log**

NOTE: It would also be helpful is you have verbose logging turned on