Disappearing Timestamp with timezone" Fields in Schema Browser

I am using TOAD version 9.0.1 and have noticed that I cannot see certain coulumns in the schema browser.
All of these columns are of “Timestamp with timezone” data type.

If I click in the data grid and choose “Select Columns”, these “Timestamp with timezone” fields don’t even show up as unchecked. They are missing altogether.

This does not occur with columns of the normal DATE datatype.

Is there some setting where I bring these columns up in TOAD?

Try options==>data types
And see if those types are not checked.

It’s because the Oracle client you are using doesn’t support those
columns. Upgrade your client and those columns will show up.

Nope. That option only has to do with create/alter dialogs. This is a common
misconception that the option has something to do with data grids.

I used to have those columns available to me in TOAD but something has happened. One of my co-workers using the same client does have those columns showing.

I did try checking off “Include Timastamp Interval Type” which another user suggested on the Options-DataGrid-DataType tab but this did not work.

I however can see those columns in SQL Developer…but much prefer to work with TOAD.

The only thing that will make timestamp fields not show up in SB-Tables-Data is
if your Oracle client is version 8.something or less.

Please connect to that database, make sure those columns still aren’t
showing up, then go to Help -> Support Bundle, then send that to me (offline
if you wish).

-John

Yesterday everything was working wonderfully. Then, last night I allowed MS to
update my installation of Windows XP and now am getting this message when I
attempt to connect to a database. The path is correct. There is a file there
named ociw32.dll. Am I looking for a different oci dll for 11g?

Thanks!
Eva

Hi Eva,

when you say:

There is a file there
named ociw32.dll. Am I looking for a different oci dll for 11g?

Are you using 11g client on your machine, or do you mean when connecting
to an 11g database?

I have 9i (9208) client, and in the bin folder (which is on my path) I
have a dll names oci and one named ociw32.

oci.dll = 168KB
ociw32.dll = 105 Kb.

If oci.dll is missing, I think something happened to delete the file
from your Oracle Home. Unless, of course, 11g client doesn't use
oci.dll.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

I am connecting to an 11g database. I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled
the entire client and sure enough there is now a file there named oci.dll. I
have no idea what happened to it between last night at 8PM and this morning, but
it is there now.

Thanks.

Hi Eva,

I am connecting to an 11g database.
Ok, that's no problem. It's the version of the client I was after - but
no worries now that you have found oci.dll!

I went ahead and
uninstalled and reinstalled the entire client and sure
enough there is now a file there named oci.dll.
Spooky! I wonder why, or if, the MS Patch decided it had to go. I'm sure
Microsoft usually backup files changed or removed by a patch - I just
don't know where. Maybe if you can find the backups, you'll find your
oci.dll.

Doesn't explain why, MS decided an Oracle dll had to go though!

I have no
idea what happened to it between last night at 8PM and this
morning, but it is there now.
Everything working fine again I presume?

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk