tnsnames path

is there a way to set different pathes to find tnsnames. I have client software installed in addition to oracle tools (forms and reports)

Set windows env var TNS_ADMIN as per the Oracle client docs – Toad honors this ….

Michael may want to speak as to the order in which all the possible paths, env vars, oracle homes, etc are scanned ……

From: ServiceAccount_Toad [mailto:bounce-ServiceAccount_Toad@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 9:55 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] tnsnames path

tnsnames path

Thread created by ServiceAccount_Toad

is there a way to set different pathes to find tnsnames. I have client software installed in addition to oracle tools (forms and reports)

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

As Bert suggests, use TNS_ADMIN environment variable to have a common path. If you want different paths then remove TNS_ADMIN (if defined) and edit tnsnames.ora file in the network\admin folder of each installed home. If you are using instant client you'll
need to use TNS_ADMIN variable.

On the login window, click the button with the ellipsis on it to the right of the client dropdown. It will list all of your homes and tnsnames.ora locations for each.

Michael

On 10/28/2013 10:54 AM, ServiceAccount_Toad wrote:

tnsnames path

Thread created by ServiceAccount_Toad

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.