Toad 12.11 Schema Compare

This new schema compare really stinks. They have made it much more cumbersome to work with. They seemed to have removed the part where it tells you the parent table of the differences you are looking for. You have to look at the actual differance script to see if you are lookin at the correct change. Consider the attached shot. Many columns have the same same but I only want to change one table. Which one is it?
TOAD_Doc.rtf (3.76 MB)

Thanks for the feedback.

In 12.11, the old schema compare still exists.

To bring it back into the main menu: Right-click the main toolbar. Choose “Customize”. Click on the “Commands” tab. Click “Compare” on the left. Then click “Schemas - Legacy” on the right, and drag it up into the main menu in Toad wherever you want it to go.

Thanks that is good to hear. Another complaint with the new compare is that it wastes many lines of my screen real-estate for no real purpose. I cannot afford 6 lines of screen to tell me I am doing a compare. There also should be more global select/unselect buttons at schema level. I also don’t like that fact that if I pick a Table change it automatically checks anything associated with that table. Half of those changes may be off my (now small) screen and may include changes that I did not mean to.

Another complaint with the new compare is that it wastes many lines of my screen real-estate for no real purpose.

Well, the purpose was to make it look nicer. The old one was admittedly (and I can admit this because I created it) kind of ugly. Another part of the purpose of the redesign was to make it more clear to beginners what they are supposed to do when they get into the window.

I cannot afford 6 lines of screen to tell me I am doing a compare.

understandable with a small screen.

There also should be more global select/unselect buttons at schema level.

can you elaborate on that? Sounds like you want to select/unselect some stuff all at once but I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Often when pushing changes from Dev to QA etc I only need to move one small piece, a trigger or procedure. The way this is set up I have to uncheck many individual check boxes before I can go back an actually check what I do need.

I have to work with many remote servers and there is no large screen option, in fact most will not even let you change the resolution so you are stuck with whatever the systems guys left you.

You can right-click and “select none” to uncheck all, then come back and select the one thing that you want.