Toad 12.5 - Code Assist not using table alias!

If I have something like this:

SELECT
i.
FROM
dss_icsmgt_stage.e_cp_ics_initiative i

When I get to the “i.” and select a column from the menu, rather than it displaying “i.column_name”, it changes to “e_cp_ics_initiative.column_name”. I upgraded from 12.1 and it was working with the aliases before. I tried going through the options menu, but couldn’t seem to find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Chris

I don't think it could be option related, but to rule that out please email me your Toad.ini file offline to michael.staszewskiquest.com

I tried with the following SQL and it retained the alias. select i. from scott.emp i

Michael

On 06/10/2014 11:30 AM, cstaber wrote:

Thread created by cstaber

SELECT
i.
FROM

When I get to the "i." and select a column from the menu, rather than it displaying "i.column_name", it changes to "e_cp_ics_initiative.column_name". I upgraded from 12.1 and it was working with the aliases before. I tried going through the options menu, but couldn't seem to find anything.

Thanks!

-Chris

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.
Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Actually, I just closed everything and restarted my computer and now it’s working and using the alias. Weird. I think I’m good now - I’ll keep an eye on it.

Thanks!

-Chris

*** Nevermind, didn’t really fix it :slight_smile:

Actually, I just realized it was only working because I didn’t use a schema name in the FROM. When you use a schema.table_name - it doesn’t pick up the alias. When you just list the table name by itself without the schema prefix, it then picks up the alias. This holds true every time so far. So I guess it’s not quite fixed :confused:

In my sample SQL the schema name was included.

On 06/10/2014 11:48 AM, cstaber wrote:

RE: Toad 12.5 - Code Assist not using table alias!

Reply by cstaber
Actually, I just realized it was only working because I didn't use a schema name in the FROM. When you use a schema.table_name - it doesn't pick up the alias. When you just list the table name by itself without the schema prefix, it then picks up the alias.
This holds true every time so far. So I guess it's not quite fixed :confused:

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Ignore my last comment. You're using the schema name you are logged in as I assume. I see it under this condition as well.

On 06/10/2014 11:50 AM, Michael Staszewski wrote:

Re: Toad 12.5 - Code Assist not using table alias!

Reply by Michael Staszewski
In my sample SQL the schema name was included.

On 06/10/2014 11:48 AM, cstaber wrote:

Reply by cstaber
Actually, I just realized it was only working because I didn't use a schema name in the FROM. When you use a schema.table_name - it doesn't pick up the alias. When you just list the table name by itself without the schema prefix, it then picks up the alias.
This holds true every time so far. So I guess it's not quite fixed :confused:

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Oh yes, that is true. I was using the schema name I was connected as.

Hi,

I have the same problem. My logon schema is another then my default schema. Why doesn’t work FROM SCHEMA.T_TABLE_NAME anymore?

I think this is the same issue as reported by cstaber, but to be sure is this your scenario?

1. Logged in as schema A.

2. Default schema dropdown set to schema B.

3. Query looks something like "select i. from B.tablename" and "i" is replaced by "tablename" when you select an item from the popup.

Is that your setup?

Thanks,

Michael

On 06/11/2014 02:21 AM, phartzsch wrote:

Reply by phartzsch
Hi,

I have the same problem. My logon schema is another then my default schema. Why doesn't work FROM SCHEMA.T_TABLE_NAME anymore?

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

This is fixed for first 12.6 beta.

Thanks,

Michael

On 06/10/2014 11:30 AM, cstaber wrote:

Thread created by cstaber

SELECT

i.

FROM

When I get to the "i." and select a column from the menu, rather than it displaying "i.column_name", it changes to "e_cp_ics_initiative.column_name". I upgraded from 12.1 and it was working with the aliases before. I tried going through the options menu,
but couldn't seem to find anything.

Thanks!

-Chris

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Michael,

I got a SR with the same issue.

I see it will be fixed in 12.6.

Could I get a CR defect ID to give to my user and to create a solution?

Thank you.

I am running Toad 12.6.0.53 and it is definetly NOT fixed. Code assist bubble worked sporadically, then only when logged in with Windows Admin rights and now not at all.

I’ve used the Utilities and created new user files to no avail. I’ve checked and unchecked Public synonyms as well as checked and unchecked Synonyms - all to no avail.

Is there anyone who can assist getting Code Assist working in 12.6.0.53?

Thank you

Update - OK, I may be on to something. I got Code assist to work using table aliases on 12.6.0.53 but only if a table is listed once and only once in the query with a single alias. If you need to join the same table more than once in a query using different aliases, it stops working for all aliases within the query.

I am also running Toad 12.6.0.53 and it is definetly NOT fixed.

I’m running Toad on a WIN 7 VM machine. I seems to work for a while after I reboot the VM, however soon after it starts to work only for some tables and finally it only works when I use it for a fully qualified table (Press Ctrl + T after the period of Schema.TableName. ).

I tried restarting Toad only (without rebooting) but this does not solve the issue.