Toad 12 delete line

Hi,

I just upgraded from 9.7 to 12, and noticed the Editor/Delete…commands group is missing. Such as delete a line, delete from cursor to end of line etc…

I can Ctrl+Y to delete a line, but this command does not even show up under Menu Shortcut list, is the Delete group gone? Any workaround?

Thanks

DJ

noticed the Editor/Delete...commands group is missing

It's been a while since using 9.7, but I just installed it and don't see that we ever offered a Delete group on the main menu. It's not on the Edit or Editor menu, the Editor right-click menu, and it's not listed in the Menu Shortcuts.

The shortcuts you're asking for can be customized on View|Options|Editor|Behavior page by clicking on the "Key mapping..." button.

Michael

On 07/29/2013 11:21 AM, djtx11-web wrote:

Toad 12 delete line

Thread created by djtx11-web
Hi,

I just upgraded from 9.7 to 12, and noticed the Editor/Delete...commands group is missing. Such as delete a line, delete from cursor to end of line etc...

I can Ctrl+Y to delete a line, but this command does not even show up under Menu Shortcut list, is the Delete group gone? Any workaround?

Thanks

DJ

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Michael thanks for the reply and try. The delete group of commands could be from earlier versions, I have used toad for a long time just before 2000. I have remapped a large # of keys to be consistent with my text editor (ultraedit) & unix client (securecrt). So for my most used software, the keys are consistent & easier to reach on the keyboard(corners).

Anyway I was able to resolve the issue by copying the key maps from 9.7 to 12. It worked again great. The file is KeyMapping.txt on my ‘user Files’ folder. I can delete from cursor to end of start of line etc…the commands does not show on menu but still works.

Kind of on topic so I’m posting…How to remove all surplus blank lines:

Regular expression Search and Replace (remove quotes) “^(?:[\t ]*(?:\r?\n|\r))+” and replace with blank lines. You can save it as a macro within Replace. Props to UltraEdit tips. (www.ultraedit.com/…/remove_blank_lines.html)