Toad Beta 12.5.0.24 - Unable to Log In - Error is Cannot find OCI DLL: C:\Common\Oracle\InstantClient112x64

Hi,

I’ve downloaded the Toad 12.5.0.24 beta and installed it on my computer. However, I can’t login and get the attached error message.

I was able to login with the the beta release and my production Toad 12.1 work fines.

Can you tell me what the problem is?

Thanks, Cindy Kennedy

I’m seeing the same thing when I try an instant client. I’ll take a look at it.

From: Cindy Kennedy [mailto:bounce-cindykennedy@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 12:43 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Toad Beta 12.5.0.24 - Unable to Log In - Error is Cannot find OCI DLL: C:\Common\Oracle\InstantClient112x64

Toad Beta 12.5.0.24 - Unable to Log In - Error is Cannot find OCI DLL: C:\Common\Oracle\InstantClient112x64

Thread created by Cindy Kennedy

Hi,

I’ve downloaded the Toad 12.5.0.24 beta and installed it on my computer. However, I can’t login and get the attached error message.

I was able to login with the the beta release and my production Toad 12.1 work fines.

Can you tell me what the problem is?

Thanks, Cindy Kennedy

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I am having same issue with Toad Beta 12.5.0.27 and latest Toad Beta 12.5.0.31. I am using 12c 64 bit instant client. My production toad 12.1.1 is working fine.

I’ve tried to recreate using 11.2 instant client and 12.1 instant client - and it works just fine. I of course had to make sure that I set two Windows ENV vars as required by Oracle instant client - i.e. TNS_ADMIN for where the TNSNAMES.ORA file is located and add the instant client directory to my PATH var. Also, it’s critical that the instant client be at the leadign edge of the PATH and not the trailing edge. When I moved it to the trailing edge I too got errors (but not the exact same as you). So maybe try making sure you PATH has instant client at the front to see if that helps.

There was a bug in that beta with the instant client. Update your Toad beta

• John

On Mar 11, 2014, at 6:34 AM, "Bert Scalzo" bounce-Bert_Scalzo@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Toad Beta 12.5.0.24 - Unable to Log In - Error is Cannot find OCI DLL: C:\Common\Oracle\InstantClient112x64

Reply by Bert Scalzo
I've tried to recreate using 11.2 instant client and 12.1 instant client - and it works just fine. I of course had to make sure that I set two Windows ENV vars as required by Oracle instant client - i.e. TNS_ADMIN for where the TNSNAMES.ORA file is located
and add the instant client directory to my PATH var. Also, it's critical that the instant client be at the leadign edge of the PATH and not the trailing edge. When I moved it to the trailing edge I too got errors (but not the exact same as you). So maybe try
making sure you PATH has instant client at the front to see if that helps.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Sorry about my prior reply - it was too early in the morning!

I see now that you have the latest Toad and a 12c 64 bit client. I have tested this combination too and it is working fine for me. If you click the ellipsis button on your login window, it will give you some information about your Oracle clients. Does that window indicate any potential problems?

I have still login issue with Toad Beta 12.5.0.39. I am using 12c 64 bit instant client. My production toad 12.1.1 is working fine.

Instant Client - 12.1.0.1 (12.1.0.1)
ORACLE_HOME:C:\Oracle\InstantClient121010x64
ORACLE_HOME_NAME:C:\Oracle\InstantClient121010x64
ORACLE_HOME_KEY:
ORACLE_SID:
NLS_LANG:
SQLPATH:
LOCAL:
Client DLL:C:\Oracle\InstantClient121010x64\oci.dll
TNSNames.ora:C:\Oracle\InstantClient121010x64\network\admin\tnsnames.ora
SQLNet.ora:C:\Oracle\InstantClient121010x64\network\admin\sqlnet.ora
LDAP.ora:
Login.sql:
GLogin.sql:
In system PATH:Yes
Home is valid:Yes

Error Message

Cannot find OCI DLL: C:\Oracle\InstantClient121010x64

Some questions:

1. What version of Windows is this?

2. What other Oracle clients are installed (if any)?

If you have multiple clients installed, does it make any difference if you move the instant client’s entry in your system path to the front or end of the path?

I advised moving to front of path and assuming it did not work - but no confirmation from the user about trying this.

Windows Version: Windows 8.1 64bit

Instant Client: 12.1c,

Here are environment variables:

ORACLE_HOME=C:\Oracle\InstantClient121010x64

Path=C:\Oracle\InstantClient121010x64;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files (x86)\Evolve IP\bin;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\EMC\

TNS_ADMIN=C:\Oracle\InstantClient121010x64\network\admin

Earlier ORACLE_HOME wasn’t set, My 12.1 toad is working with and without ORACLE_HOME environment variable.

Regards, Yogesh

I also tried with 11gr2 instant client, 12.5 beta 46 doesn’t work, Toad 12.1.1 is working.

I see you have a 64 bit Oracle client. Is your Toad beta also 64 bit? To check, go to Toad’s main menu: Help -> Support Bundle. The 2nd line will say if it is 32 or 64 bit.

It is possible to be running a 32 bit Toad in 64 bit windows, but to do so, you need a 32 bit Oracle client.

I have 64bit TOAD beta installed…

APPLICATION INFORMATION - BETA VERSION (64-bit)

Support Bundle for Toad for Oracle 12.5.0.46

This copy of Toad for Oracle registered to AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION INC

Bundle: Add-Ons: Toad for Oracle Xpert (64-bit)DB Admin Module

Toad for Oracle Executable Location : C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle 12.5 Beta\Toad.exe

User Profile Directory : C:\Users\ChaudhariY\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\12.5 beta\

QSEServer DLL Location : C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle 12.5 Beta\qse.dll

QSEServer DLL Location : 12.5.0.46

QP5 DLL Location : C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle 12.5 Beta\QP5.dll

QP5 DLL Location : 5.55555.14036.18303

QP5CA DLL Location : C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle 12.5 Beta\QP5CA.dll

QP5CA DLL Location : 5.55555.14036.18738

TOAD Policy Location : C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle 12.5 Beta\Toad.pdl

TEAM CODING

MANAGED ITEMS

Not a managed environment.

ORACLE CLIENT INFORMATION

NOT CONNECTED

ORACLE SERVER INFORMATION

NOT CONNECTED

SYSTEM INFORMATION

Operating System: Windows 8 (Build 9200)

Is Terminal Server: No

Using XP Theme: Yes

Physical Memory Load : 31.53 %

Physical Memory (Total) : 12285 MB

Physical Memory (Free) : 8412 MB

Virtual Memory (Total) : 134217727 MB

Virtual Memory (Free) : 134217205 MB

Swap Space (Total) : 24573 MB

Swap Space (Free) : 18496 MB

Toad Page File Usage (Virtual Memory) : 286 MB

Toad Working Set Usage (RAM) : 297 MB

Environment Variable (PATH) :

C:\Oracle\InstantClient121010x64

C:\WINDOWS\system32

C:\WINDOWS

C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem

C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Evolve IP\bin

C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin

C:\Program Files\Common Files\EMC\

Environment Variable (TNS_ADMIN) : C:\Oracle\InstantClient121010x64\network\admin

ORACLE HOMES DATA

Instant Client - 12.1.0.1

ORACLE_HOME = C:\Oracle\InstantClient121010x64

Instant Client - 12.1.0.1

C:\Oracle\InstantClient121010x64 exists

C:\Oracle\InstantClient121010x64 is in PATH

Home is valid

Thanks. I can repeat the problem when the only installed client is the instant client. I will have this fixed for the next beta.

Thank you.

Just downloaded 12.5.0.50, No more cannot find oci.dll error…TOAD beta is working as expected. Thanks you very much.

WooHoo!

waynegarth.jpeg

This really worked for me!.

I am using Windows 7 and Oracle InstantClient 11.2.0.4.0