Toad crashed and lost all settings and connection info.

Is there some way to restore everything or am I just out of luck? Saw other posts about the restoring the .ini files but they don’t exist in the target folder.

Toad Version: 12.6.0.53 XPert Edition with DB Admin module

That is sad. What are the chances you have the option under Online - Enable user files syncing set? If you sync through this, then you should be able to get your user files from DropBox, even if you have to go back to previous version. If you don't have this option set, I strongly recommend that you set it for the future. It makes life much easier.

Outside of that, I've never lost my settings to that degree so I don't know how to get them back other than using DropBox.

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 10:07 AM, danfromAR bounce-danfromAR@toadworld.com wrote:

Thread created by danfromAR
Is there some way to restore everything or am I just out of luck? Saw other posts about the restoring the .ini files but they don't exist in the target folder.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

I don’t have it set but I’ll look into it. Thank you for the tip.

If you don’t want to sync on-line you could also just do periodic exports of your user files. Get everything setup how you like it. Go to Utilities > Copy
user settings. From there you can export everything to a zip file and import it back later if you crash.

I’ve never had this happen to me (lost everything on crash) and I’ve been testing Toad for over a decade. Maybe I’m just lucky

From: phyllis.helton_1150 [mailto:bounce-phyllishelton_1150@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, April 17, 2015 10:18 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: Re: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad crashed and lost all settings and connection info.

Re: Toad crashed and lost all settings and connection info.

Reply by phyllis.helton_1150

That is sad. What are the chances you have the option under Online - Enable user files syncing set? If you sync through this, then you should be able to get your user files
from DropBox, even if you have to go back to previous version. If you don’t have this option set, I strongly recommend that you set it for the future. It makes life much easier.

Outside of that, I’ve never lost my settings to that degree so I don’t know how to get them back other than using DropBox.

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 10:07 AM, danfromAR bounce-danfromAR@toadworld.com wrote:

Thread created by danfromAR

Is there some way to restore everything or am I just out of luck? Saw other posts about the restoring the .ini files but they don’t exist in the target folder.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics

Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I’ll make a backup of the .ini files. First time this happened to to me, btw.

For what it’s worth, this support document describes the exact scenario: https://support.quest.com/toad-for-oracle/kb/131710